• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Changing Ott Lenses.....

no different than any other omatter, except you will probably chip the FMJ coating if it has one.

Yeah doc's right. Snap from the nose bridge area first then the other side. Also spray some lens cleaner in the outer area of the lenses to slide the lenses better and avoid chipping the fmj on you frame.

They're ob-long also so you have to turn them to see how they fit before you start squeezing them in place. I just did mine for the first time a week or so ago and it was not that hard to do. One thing I did was put out side pressure on the frames in order to help get the outside of the lens into the groove. I honestly don't know if this help or not?

Yea, I chipped the FMJ coating on one of mine doing a lens swap. I'll take @salj838's advice on the lens cleaner trick. I'm not a fan of OTT lens swaps.

They're ob-long also so you have to turn them to see how they fit before you start squeezing them in place. I just did mine for the first time a week or so ago and it was not that hard to do. One thing I did was put out side pressure on the frames in order to help get the outside of the lens into the groove. I honestly don't know if this help or not?
No you don't. They are like Mars in which there is a small nipple or tab on each lens. They are on the inside lower areas. You can't miss them, and you can't screw it up unless you don't pay attention. Also, the slower you go, the higher the risk of "fking" up your FMJ. Just pop em out. Worse case scenario, you screw up the coating. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. If it is a pristine pair, you have no reason to swap lenses, so no risk at that point cuz you should leave em alone...You know the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" routine.

I was able to get them in with no damage. I had 2 of the same OTT's silver fmj with black iridium so I bought some fire lenses and put in one of the pair so now have 3 different pairs. Black/ruby silver fmj/black iridium silver fmj/ fire iridium

They are ob-long and if you have custom cut lenses you will have to turn them to be sure they fit back into the frames the right way. I did not know mine were custom cut but I just took them out and looked and there is no tab so I assume that means custom cut.

6D6E7328-CE10-4F34-9630-62B755FA5133_zps3xszibzb.jpg

Latest Posts

Back