• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket 2.0

Bring it on.

Though I don't see that working too well. I'd really just rather have a total face coverage lens with the bottom lines of the heater. The Radar Range is the closest we've come, and we can see how much Oakley liked that when they dropped it from every subsequent Radar family release. I hope pairs like the Tombstone and Jawbreaker don't play it safe like the Radar/Lock/EV Pitch and pull back slightly to be "more accommodating" because some people don't like the glasses to touch their face.

And on that note, I'm not sure why so many people complain about glasses touching their cheeks. As long as you're not lifting them up off your nose a little cheek contact means you're getting 100% coverage. If I wear heater lenses exclusively for a few sunny days I get a rude awakening when I switch to anything else. I either notice the frame in my field of view all the time, or notice the bright spot on the bottom gap.

Bring it on.

Though I don't see that working too well. I'd really just rather have a total face coverage lens with the bottom lines of the heater. The Radar Range is the closest we've come, and we can see how much Oakley liked that when they dropped it from every subsequent Radar family release. I hope pairs like the Tombstone and Jawbreaker don't play it safe like the Radar/Lock/EV Pitch and pull back slightly to be "more accommodating" because some people don't like the glasses to touch their face.

And on that note, I'm not sure why so many people complain about glasses touching their cheeks. As long as you're not lifting them up off your nose a little cheek contact means you're getting 100% coverage. If I wear heater lenses exclusively for a few sunny days I get a rude awakening when I switch to anything else. I either notice the frame in my field of view all the time, or notice the bright spot on the bottom gap.
I really can't wait to try on that Tombstone... I'd have to find a legit brick and mortar SI dealer tho...

I'll buy one sight unseen. Though the range of lens options really isn't known right now. I'd imagine TR22 and 45 would be part of the first release, maybe clear, yellow, persimmon. Maybe G26 and geek out all the fans of green lenses that are terrible to wear outside of a clays course (that one still eludes me). I'm hoping for a VR28, VR28BI, BIP. But that depends on if they treat it as a specialty pair or actual sunglasses. With OakleySI sponsoring 3-Gun Nation I'd hope they make the Tombstone a full release and not just an SI pair like the Detcord.

I'll buy one sight unseen. Though the range of lens options really isn't known right now. I'd imagine TR22 and 45 would be part of the first release, maybe clear, yellow, persimmon. Maybe G26 and geek out all the fans of green lenses that are terrible to wear outside of a clays course (that one still eludes me). I'm hoping for a VR28, VR28BI, BIP. But that depends on if they treat it as a specialty pair or actual sunglasses. With OakleySI sponsoring 3-Gun Nation I'd hope they make the Tombstone a full release and not just an SI pair like the Detcord.
Those in a BIP would look real wicked robocop like...

A general release would be appreciated by the shooting enthusiast mass (which I assume is a pretty big enough mass) ... But I could also go for a SI pricing scheme :D

Love the full coverage lenses. I see no need for a standard lens. If there was no XL lens they would be asking for that so some will never be happy.

I got to see and try on a Flak 2.0 today.
they feel lighter, looks like the lenses is bigger and the Unobtanium runs most of the entire ear stem.
i liked them but the didnt love them. they werent radically different but a nice evolution on the design.
ill definitely add a pair to the collection, but i cant see getting more than 1
if you like the unobtanium making shades stick your head during sports/being active then you will like these, alot of UO on the stems.
as you can see, no pix allowed but i was told all the new stuff arrives April 1st and no word on exclusions from F&F

I picked up a Prizm Road pair for riding my bicycle. I am happy to say that they are better in every way than my Fast Jackets. They are lighter on my face. I see less of the frame while in the drops, seem to do a better job keeping out the wind, and fog less. I am very happy. I have to say my wife's reaction was less that enthusiastic. I walked in with them on and she said, "Oh.... they sure are ..... colorful." Oh well.

I am a little confused though. When I got to Sport Rx, the Fast Jacket XL lens is 72mm wide and 37 tall. The Flak 2.0 are 59 wide and 38 tall. When looking at the lenses though, the Flak2.0 are just as wide as the Fast Jackets. Is that measurement the size of the corrective portion of the lens, but not the whole physical lens?

Back