• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket 2.0

I picked up 3 pairs and I love them all. I went with matte grey with prizm road, uranium prizm golf and matte white with sapphire

Saw and tried these at an O Store and they are absolutely gorgeous. Looked and felt very nice and solidly built.

Only thing that stopped me from purchasing is not all optical shops can make lenses for these because of the notches where the lens lock in.

Only thing that stopped me from purchasing is not all optical shops can make lenses for these because of the notches where the lens lock in.
I don't think Oakley will have a problem making a lens for you.

Why would you want some jabroni make a lens for you?

Why do you need EVERY optical shop to be able to make lenses in order to buy a pair?

I don't think Oakley will have a problem making a lens for you.

Why would you want some jabroni make a lens for you?

I like having options because I need them in prescription. I find $225-$350 (O Store prescription prices. $225 is clear, $350 is Iridium polarized. There are also prices between those.) is pretty steep for just the lens.

I like having options because I need them in prescription. I find $225-$350 (O Store prescription prices. $225 is clear, $350 is Iridium polarized. There are also prices between those.) is pretty steep for just the lens.
quality costs more. It's really that simple.

I figured prescription was the deal, but you're basically saying "I really like these but it would probably take a few phone calls or store visits to make sure I find a place I can get lenses made from"

I have 8 Flak Jackets, and 1 Flak 2.0.

I like the 2.0, but it's not a big improvement over the originals, just a little bigger lens.

Unless lens size is an issue for you, I wouldn't buy them because they aren't a huge improvement.

I'm not saying they aren't great, but I have no problem with the original.

I think they're a huge improvement. The old style was tight on me and I don't have a huge head at all. The 2.0s fit perfectly and I think the larger lenses are a HUGE improvement.

Back