• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Score of a Lifetime!!!

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
ok guys, I had to jump on the forum to share this story... It just went down.

Today at work I told my manager how much I love Mad Elf Beer by troegs.... IF you never had it go get it, it will change your life. Anyway, he then asked if I ever tried Wild Elf... I was like no, never heard of it. So I did my research and found out troegs has different variations of Mad Elf beer. One of them being Mad Elf Grand Cru. So I called different beer stores around to see how much it was and who had it. Most of the quote I got were 150+ per case. Now these are 750ml bottles of beer, not 12oz. So you get 12 beers per case of 750ml. One place, I called said yes, we have one case... They sent it by accident, we dont sell 750ml bottles. I was like well how much is the case? The guy said $103, I then said I will be right over!!! Got there, paid for that with a smile on my face!!!! Once I got home my cell started to blow up... So I decided to answer and the guy was like were you the person who just bought the Mad Elf Grand Cru? I was like yea, whats up? He said I am sorry sir, we charged you the wrong price, its actually much more expensive, we just got that beer in yesterday... its not in our system. Then I just hung up the phone!!!!

So my question is.... Am I in the clear? I did pay credit card and they do have my cell? Are All sales final? Can they do anything? Can I screwed in any way????

let me know

I called asked for the price, they told me the price. I then drove out of my way to that store... Paid for it and was a satisfied customer. Why would I return it?
You paid what they asked for it... Only if it was me, I would be worried about someone who made a mistake at the store getting in trouble... I’m just saying I would return it. Not trying to say you should.

I look at it like this. I walked into an Oakley store and tried on the Carbon Prime. Wanted them pretty bad. Love the way they look and feel. Having them on my face made my whole world better. There wasn't a pricetag on them so I asked the sales associate. The young girl said $160. I knew damn well that wasn't the right price but I paid that and we were both happy. If the Oakley police call and say "We were supposed to charge you about $400 more than we did.", am I taking them back or returning them? Nope. I may feel bad for a day or two, but I'll get over it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at it like this. I walked into an Oakley store and tried on the Carbon Prime. Wanted them pretty bad. Love the way they look and feel. Having them on my face made my whole world better. There wasn't a pricetag on them so I asked the sales associate. The young girl said $160. I knew damn well that wasn't the right price but I paid that and we were both happy. If the Oakley police call and say "We were supposed to charge you about $400 more than we did.", am I taking them back or returning them? Nope. I may feel bad for a day or two, but I'll get over it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A day or two, you're a better man than I.... I am already over it!!!!

Well, here’s what I think - take it for what it’s worth...

If you’re starting a thread titled “score of a lifetime” and it has to do with you buying beer, I highly doubt you have the wherewithal to go back to the store and pay the difference and I honestly don’t think anyone would expect you to...

Just remember, Karma is a nasty bitch once she comes around...

That poor employee probably has to pay for your beer out of his paycheck.

It was an honest mistake.

I once paid for something with a $20 and received $84 in change. Returned it immediately before I left the counter. I would hate for some struggling young American to be late on his rent or not be able to give his kids money for their field trip next week because of an honest mistake.

They likely couldn't charge you more if they wanted to. Modern PCI regulations, if you paid through an EFT pad it does not give them access to your CC number to make another charge nor would a liquor store have the ability to adjust the existing charge amount.

Having your cell number, they could always spitefully sign you up for a bunch of spammy notifications.

Ethically and/or morally, whatever you're comfortable with in your personal belief system. Which seems pretty obvious at this point.

Latest Posts

Back