• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"The One That Got Away" Thread

At house party in New York a couple of years ago (mid 2000's) and some guy had a Medusa on a large Bob head i had only just bought my first pair of Monster Dogs & seen it thought it was a little strange he said he wanted $300 for the lot I laughed and kept partying on .
Who's laughing now .

At house party in New York a couple of years ago (mid 2000's) and some guy had a Medusa on a large Bob head i had only just bought my first pair of Monster Dogs & seen it thought it was a little strange he said he wanted $300 for the lot I laughed and kept partying on .
Who's laughing now .
The Bob alone is that much now haha

Flora fade frogs in great condition with the box and bag, seller was asking $80 on kijiji and I made a deal for $60. I was out of town that weekend and when I came back to try and arrange a day to meet, she had already sold them.. :headbang:

Juliet Ducati series carbon edition with box . Just about a week ago I got a deal for these for about 70 $, to find out the seller sold it next day to some other guy, despite the fact that I offered more than the original price (50$) witch the other guy eventually paid for it . Was really pissed off.

When I started researching my next pair of Oakley prescription frames, I came across the Halftrack. They were JUST what I was looking for (size 48, black, semi-rimless, unique design). Then I found out they're discontinued, even though they're still advertised on the Oakley site. I tried several places in town to see if they had any in stock to no avail. Then I checked online. Several sites listed them as in stock, but I came across the same problem in that even though they were listed they still had to order them, and they couldn't since they were discontinued. Oh well, I ended up with a pair that is really nice, although not exactly what I was looking for.

A few yrs ago, i think 2008 i came across someone selling his XM/ black iridium r1 for around $120- $150 if i remember it right. Although it wasn't mint, & had no box, coins etc. i still regret not getting it & i had the money that moment, and thinking i"ll pass on this one, since i got a plasma/fire r1 a few months before that offer. Bad decision....:headbang:

Matte turquoise 4-legged frogskins on etsy for 38 bucks. I asked the kid if he could send me the sku number so I can be sure they weren't fake..Welp bc I had to be sure he got curious too and looked them up and realized what he had then took them down from his etsy page. Then sent me a message saying "sorry playboy you screwed up. You should've just bought them. This happened to me before with a shirt that I later found out that was worth 1000 bucks". I don't understand how some people don't research stuff they own before they sell it.

Back