• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Torpedo Doubt

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I just wore my torpedo watch today (love that thing), and I noticed something funny. The crown (not sure if this is the correct name for that part, the one you spin to change the time) seems to spin freely when it is locked. I don't recall any other watch ever doing this, is it normal?
Just to clarify it doesn't spin by itself, but if I apply very little force it will spin when closed. Also, do to the shape, I tend to hit things with it while wearing it, would this cause the spinnig?
Any inisght is greatly appreciated

No worries, it is normal that it spin in the slightest effort.

e58639265395bb9b150afaf7d08a5ea0.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Glad to help in any way bro., though water seeping in Torpedo (the irony of this watch name) is more likely to it and similar watch models compared to others.
Oakley model like the Gearbox with locking mechanism on crown resist water seepage better than Torpedo.

If it's not a screw down crown like the MM,HP or GB it should have a o ring or some form of seal when the crown is pressed down to avoid water entering the watch. Just don't dump it in water when the crown is out. Yes the crown spinning when pressed in is normal unless it's screw down. My TB spins freely when pressed in.

Back