• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tour De France 2014

... in great style :D
From the original post in this thread...

A spot for all to discuss this years tour de france.

Please give 24 hrs from the end of the race to discuss some of us are not able to watch the race live but watch when we get home and would have to have spoilers. thanks

No I missed that, I'll have to see if I can catch it somewhere, I remember watching that coverage on Wide World of Sport on ABC.

Despite Tejay's blow-up I was surprised to hear Bob during post-race say he thinks Tejay could take three minutes out of Valverde and Pinot in the TT still. So it will be interesting if he can close some time now and still have enough in the tank for that kind of performance in stage 20. With 19 being 200km he may bonk (if that's what it was) again or just be tapped out.

Forgot to add it was great to see Michael Rogers finally get a stage win in the TDF on his resume.
Yea that was very surprising to hear. I know Tejay is a good TT ride but I didn't know he was that much better than those guys.

Yes, after 10 years Michael Rogers definitely deserved that win. It was pretty cool to see. This has been a great tour to watch in my opinion.

Well so much for watching the re-play of today's stage. They aren't showing it until 1 am on the east coast...thanks a lot english premier league soccer. I can't believe they would delay coverage on such a crucial mountain stage. I may try to stay up and see some of it, I'll just have to make sure I have the coffee pot ready to go in the morning.

Can I now?

Yeeeeee! Rafal Majka win 2 mountain stages in great style.

0,,17802790_303,00.jpg

Hip hip hooray! :)

Can I now?

Yeeeeee! Rafal Majka win 2 mountain stages in great style.
Hip hip hooray! :)
LOL. I'm surprised he didn't get popped for that grab and push off on that climb caught by damn near everyone. That was a gamble that could have cost him big time, aside from that he has done some great riding, I look forward to watching what he does next year.

I dont think tjay can win but i think he has a chance for the podium
Without giving spoilers on today's results and standings, that is a tall order for anyone. I was taken back when Bob Roll said he felt he had the ability to take three minutes out of those ahead of him the other day. I dunno if there is enough road and gas in the tank for him to meet those predictions, but hopefully makes for an exciting day.

This was also a highlight for yesterday lol.
nibali%20hits%20spectator%20with%20cellphone%20mobile%20tour%20de%20france.gif

Looks like no mini tour showdown for the Vuelta. Contador stated his is out the other day as rehab is not on pace, Froome is still questionable and Cav just barely got back on the bike. So we have to see what next season brings it looks like. :(

Without giving spoilers on today's results and standings, that is a tall order for anyone. I was taken back when Bob Roll said he felt he had the ability to take three minutes out of those ahead of him the other day. I dunno if there is enough road and gas in the tank for him to meet those predictions, but hopefully makes for an exciting day.

This was also a highlight for yesterday lol.
nibali%20hits%20spectator%20with%20cellphone%20mobile%20tour%20de%20france.gif

that is awesome

Looks like no mini tour showdown for the Vuelta. Contador stated his is out the other day as rehab is not on pace, Froome is still questionable and Cav just barely got back on the bike. So we have to see what next season brings it looks like. :(

LOL. I'm surprised he didn't get popped for that grab and push off on that climb caught by damn near everyone. That was a gamble that could have cost him big time, aside from that he has done some great riding, I look forward to watching what he does next year.

I hope that in the next year Majka will be the team leader :)

Latest Posts

Back