• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tour De France 2014

the worst crash i remember seeing was a couple years ago where the rider got hit by the car and sent into the barbed wire.

How does everyone think christian VanddeVelde is doing on anouncing?
Yea that was a pretty brutal wreck and the one when the rider flipped over the guard rail a couple years back as well.

I agree with del518 that Christian's insight has been a good addition, especially since Bob has been so long removed to the current state of racing today. The post race rider interviews being brought to the booth has been good too and the fact they are not just talking to one person.

i think every year the anouncing gets better not Paul and Phil but the pre race and post race

and Contador????? last thing i heard was his bike just broke. not a big fan of his but that is just crappy

I really like CVV and his commentating. He definitely give it a good perspective from someone who was part of the current generation.

Evidently Contador wrecked on a descent, which explains why his back has that streak on it, because if you wreck going up-hill you won't slide that much. He also fractured his tibia, but got back on and completed that Cat 1 climb, the guy is tough. His back up bike was broken when his team car and another team car hit each other and their bikes got tangled up. He was never on a bike that broke.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-crashed-twice-on-one-descent

I really like CVV and his commentating. He definitely give it a good perspective from someone who was part of the current generation.

Evidently Contador wrecked on a descent, which explains why his back has that streak on it, because if you wreck going up-hill you won't slide that much. He also fractured his tibia, but got back on and completed that Cat 1 climb, the guy is tough. His back up bike was broken when his team car and another team car hit each other and their bikes got tangled up. He was never on a bike that broke.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-crashed-twice-on-one-descent

thanks for the link i was not able to finish watching the stage and was only going off what i heard during the race

not glad there were crashes but it is going to be interesting with all the "big " names out of the race to see how it stcks up in Paris

thanks for the link i was not able to finish watching the stage and was only going off what i heard during the race

not glad there were crashes but it is going to be interesting with all the "big " names out of the race to see how it stcks up in Paris
during the race they just kept saying they think his bike broke, I guess just cause no one saw him wreck and they saw the broken bike on top of the car.

I think Nibali will win it now. I believe his main competition will be Richie Porte.

Hmmm in another article it was stated Contador was trying to eat and only had one hand on the bars when he hit the pothole rather than trying to overtake anyone. Either way it sucks so many GC people are out of contention from abandoning. Now that TeJay is our last hope for a US podium at this point since Andrew blew a gasket yesterday.

Baring any more drama or a positive test out of left field for someone Nibali is definitely the strongest if he continues to race smart, beyond that who knows really. Porte is strong, Tejay is hanging in there, Valverde is very much still a threat as a top 3 as well. I am enjoying the unpredictability this year but just not at the expense of so many riders getting hurt, I wanted to see some climbing battles or a heads-up during stage 20. Which is still possible I suppose, if Porte can close about a minute to 90 seconds by the time trial.

I'd like to see Tejay make the podium. He is only a minute and 9 seconds behind Valverde who is currently in 3rd. He did well yesterday. I had high hopes for Talansky as well. Maybe since he is 15 or so minutes down, he can get in a break and go for a stage win.

I have tomorrow off work, so I'm looking forward to watching the stage live.

Heres the translation of the tweet.
Translated from Spanish by Bing

Photo from the car @lampre_merida q @albertocontador bike hung, with Belkin car was broken.

They also had the car drivers talking about the collision of the two cars & bike racks. Both said they had never seen anything like it.

finished watching yesterday that was an exciting day. there is a long time before paris but if niboli can keep going like tuesday he will win.

i agree it would be nice to have tj on the podium and i think he still can make it.

Back