• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Word on the street!

Sorry for your loss. I hope someone makes it right and covers the cost and or repairs them for you.

I was relieved today to receive my Juliets from Oakley Canada. They did the tune, replaced all rubbers and screws and shipped them back to me for a total cost of $34.50 CAD ($25.51 USD). Regular price was supposed to be $35 plus tax but they did it for me for $30 plus tax for some reason so no complaints. I'm happy with the price and quick turn around time. They received the Juliets on Tuesday and I have them back on Friday. Time to pop my custom cut G30s in and take them out for a spin.:cool:

Last edited:
Holy crap! That's awful... it could happen anytime though. 'Accidents' do happen!

It's possible that my master craftsman friend may be able to fix them. If you live near Oxfordshire you could bring them over - gotta be worth a try.
Thanks for the offer, but Oakley won't return them as part of their offer to reimburse me. They only trade in original values, even though we know how much XM's can go for! Oh well, at least I didn't send the lenses with the frames!

Sorry for your loss. I hope someone makes it right and covers the cost and or repairs them for you.

I was relieved today to receive my Juliets from Oakley Canada. They did the tune, replaced all rubbers and screws and shipped them back to me for a total cost of $34.50 CAD ($25.51 USD). I'm happy with the price and quick turn around time. They received the Juliets on Tuesday and I have them back on Friday. Time to pop my custom cut G30s in and take them out for a spin.:cool:
Good to hear some positive news. I wonder how long they'' continue to offer the service, but like the X Man says - "The X Man - The only Way", YAY!!!

Thanks for the offer, but Oakley won't return them as part of their offer to reimburse me. They only trade in original values, even though we know how much XM's can go for! Oh well, at least I didn't send the lenses with the frames!
Wait, you don't have them? Oakley kept them?

What's the offer? 25% off another pair? A free pair? Something you can buy off eBay for $150 or less here probably. Someone will undoubtedly give you a better deal than that. If I took that deal I'd feel like I got double ****ed. **** THAT

At first I was offered the equivalent value of what they were new to spend on the Oakley site, but I refused this as I wanted to purchase like for like on the used market. After a few emails back and forth and different offers brought to the table, I agreed on a one off payment of £715 + I get to keep the original Ruby XM penny lenses and a pair of BIP, which I believe to be a reasonable deal.
So for sentimental reasons I'm unhappy, but I'm now in a position to purchase another pair at some point! :)

Back