• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole RBG/ SCOTUS thing is going to be EPIC!!! The hypocrisy of the left is going to be comic gold!

Reactions: TK7
Interesting that you claim that those on the left are more intolerant than those on the right. My experience is exactly the opposite of that. A single case in point.

Step-dad's buddy was going on about politics, clearly a right winger. I mean, an over-the-top conspiracy guy. He asked my opinion of the candidates, so I was honest and told him that I was no Trump supporter (hated the guy since high school, to be perfectly clear, after reading 'art of the deal'. What a load of bullshit that was.)

Before I could explain that I'm no Biden supporter, either, dude gets in my face (literally. I could have kissed the guy) and threatens to shoot me on the spot. Ol' boy never learned that it's a bad idea to **** with somebody from small town America. He got educated on the spot, the hard, fast way.

Now...fast forward a bit.

A similar conversation comes up with some friends (Again, to be clear, I have friends all over the political map. The right wingers are the loudest, least educated about issues, strangely enough. Imagine that.) I was asked about the candidates. I explained that I was no Biden guy.

The reaction I got?
"Huh. Okay, that's cool."
That was it. No threats of violence, of "unfriending" or anything else.

So...intolerance?
I'm not gonna call bullshit on your claims, but I'll counter them with my own.
BOTH sides are intolerant, full stop. The subject of what their intolerance covers is the only difference.

At the end of the day, one thing is clear, and will remain so.

My vote is MY vote.
Don't push your brand of politics on me, keep your bullshit to yourself.
And like religion, and your private bits...keep your politics to yourself, too.
he threatened to shoot you, but you "educated him, hard and fast"...........what exactly did you do?

It just so we know what to do if we ever find ourselves in a situation like that.

Last edited:
he threatened to shoot you, but you "educated him, hard and fast"...........what exactly did you do?

It just so we know what to do if we ever find ourselves in a situation like that.
ill-take-****-that-never-happened-for-500-alex.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back