• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printed Stuff

They probably wouldn't like this. The red block is the one that was on the second to last layer when the power went out last night. All still works in progress. Wife is mad I'm not getting anything done lol
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG

Tell your wife that I think you are doing amazing work. I like the 2 tone red and black stand and watch stands look great!

Tell your wife that I think you are doing amazing work. I like the 2 tone red and black stand and watch stands look great!
Thanks man! I started that for the Ducati Juliets but I really like it lol

The watch block I'm proud of because I did that all from scratch. The ring was a lot of work but I'm almost happy with it. I'll probably start a new thread soon so I don't clog up Dylan's anymore. I kinda went over board!

This makes me want to by a 3D printer even more you guys are killing me!

Sign me up for 10 free stands. Thanks @SiRacer420 :D

I agree. I have some stands that say "property of Oakley" and it says the same inside my mega tower. They were never supposed to be on the market. I see no issue with you making and selling the stands. Its not like you are taking away sales from Oakley because they do not have any for sale, and never have.
I was selling reproduction POP Card copies and a site moderator shut that down saying no reproduction stuff.... I'm not sure what the difference is between our 2 different items but they would both appear to be reproductions..... If you can sell your stuff here I would love to buy a few..... Here is a photo of my repro POP's
oakcardz.jpg

I was selling reproduction POP Card copies and a site moderator shut that down saying no reproduction stuff.... I'm not sure what the difference is between our 2 different items but they would both appear to be reproductions..... If you can sell your stuff here I would love to buy a few..... Here is a photo of my repro POP'sView attachment 309492
I saw those man. They look great! Honestly I was waiting for someone to say something about it. I agree, we have the same thing, reproductions. Reproductions of stuff that was never meant to be sold lol. You and I should definitely work out something! I have a bunch of crap to do today but by this evening I should have some time and will send you a PM.

I saw those man. They look great! Honestly I was waiting for someone to say something about it. I agree, we have the same thing, reproductions. Reproductions of stuff that was never meant to be sold lol. You and I should definitely work out something! I have a bunch of crap to do today but by this evening I should have some time and will send you a PM.
Market availability has nothing to do with IP, unlicensed use of logos/images/artwork/designs, and the like.

It's not a matter of whether or not Oakley ever intended this stuff to be sold, it's that you didn't create it and you selling it isn't cool. Will there be issues? Eh, probably not. But the potential for legal ramifications is there.

Make subtle changes, don't use the Oakley logo, and go nuts. Or make a new stand, kind of like someone else we know - ask him how big that market is, though. Or get written permission from Oakley.

Market availability has nothing to do with IP, unlicensed use of logos/images/artwork/designs, and the like.

It's not a matter of whether or not Oakley ever intended this stuff to be sold, it's that you didn't create it and you selling it isn't cool. Will there be issues? Eh, probably not. But the potential for legal ramifications is there.

Make subtle changes, don't use the Oakley logo, and go nuts. Or make a new stand, kind of like someone else we know - ask him how big that market is, though. Or get written permission from Oakley.
Oh I agree with you. I'm on both sides of the issue. I just mean that because they were never meant for sale that the likelyhood Oakley would have a problem with it is less than a knockoff pair of glasses being passed off as real. But yes the potential is still there. It also leads to more questions but I won't ask because I want to be able to continue to buy and sell what we still can lol

I did start to model my own stand but have no intentions of making them to sell. I just want to be able to have however many stands I need and not have to hunt for decent prices. Having them in different colors is a big plus too. I'm thinking the market is very small anyway but if I get to a design I like and people want to buy some, I won't be against it. It's just not the reason I'm making them.

I won't be making anything until I figure out what's wrong with the i3. It won't heat up properly so that's now ok the agenda. Sigh.

Afterthought. I wonder how that phone call to Oakley would go. Lol

Back