• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

3D Printed Stuff

Haha thanks!
Of all the stuff ive printed here, the larger stuff is pla, i find its less hassle to print the large surface area stuff as it wont warp or split, (using a heated chamber is inconvenient for me space wise, otherwise it woud be all abs), and the big one being i dont have to moniter the print as much as i find i do with abs . The smaller stuff is abs because its so much nicer to finish and prints a little better, but pla would work almost as well. Filament wise its literally the cheapest i can buy on ebay, tried some of the good stuff, was nicer, but at almost 2x price, not justifiable to me. I fill and sand 80% of my work anyway.

I've only ever used ABS. I don't have an enclosure on the printer I use the most (WDI3 Plus), but the backup is fully enclosed (DaVinci 1.0) and I don't see a difference in prints. I don't really print that much but my wife does. She uses Matter Hackers and Hatchbox but I want her to try the cheap stuff and see the difference. I want to try Nylon X but that **** is expensive and I don't know what I'd print.

Got it painted, just waiting for the smaller rivets the "handle" and the icon to be ready
20161006_161310.jpg

20161006_161214.jpg

On a side note. Would you guys be interested if i set up a dropbox as previously suggested, where ill deposit the completed files? And if you want them just send me a pm and ill give you a link? Thoughts?

Static O - looks awesome!

I'd dome all of the "rivets" for the next one
Thanks
I thought about trying that! Problem is the orientation that they print in would mean there would need to be support material which takes longer to clean up, so decided against it for this one. Might try it on something else though to be different.

Latest Posts

Back