• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A question about possible fakes, (Opinions Needed)

DAVIE ARR

Oakley Beginner
Good afternoon all,

I'm looking for some expert opinions here please. Ive been a fan of Oakley products for a long time, i ususally sport a pair of juliets, Halfwire 2.0, whiskeres or Crosswires.

Now ive recently had a bit of a tradgedy, the julietts were lost on holiday, (thing they fell out of a bag and i am GUTTED) and the crosswires were stolen (thats another story) but ive just purchased a new(to me) pair of julietts. they're Matt Black, look and feel "almost" perfect. but i have a few reservations and i just wanted to put this out there to check my reasoning. I'll start by sa\ying IF they are fake they're a really good one, a
s they look spot on

firstly there is no serial number on the frames, all of the rubber etc looks genuine, but i was under the impression that oakley serialised all of their glasses. (me previous pair definately did. have a serial No) and its not worn off, the colour is imaculate.

Next, they feel slightly small, now i could have put on a but of weight around my temples but my old ones didnt feel tight.

lastly, the lenses rattle. thats never happened before either. i dont know (as i never changed the lenses) but should there be a gasket for the lenses?

i dont want to go back and accuse this guy of being a fake seller if i'm just being paranoid, but likewise these aren't cheap disposible sunnies either

all opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David
20200426_125933.jpg
20200426_125943.jpg
20200426_125952.jpg
20200426_130009.jpg

They look OK, but brighter pics would help. Mainly the inside of the nose bridge and the inside of the hinges...

Definitely real, mate.

I sold them to you.

They are @THE X-MAN Custom Juliet as the description said on EBay.

The lens rattle is common, some people put a shim in the orbital like a small piece of electrical tape to stop that.

Also, @THE X-MAN did the Nosebridge repin and the flex couplers he uses are slightly more rigid than OEM.

You can verify this with him or any other members on here.

Last edited:
Good afternoon all,

I'm looking for some expert opinions here please. Ive been a fan of Oakley products for a long time, i ususally sport a pair of juliets, Halfwire 2.0, whiskeres or Crosswires.

Now ive recently had a bit of a tradgedy, the julietts were lost on holiday, (thing they fell out of a bag and i am GUTTED) and the crosswires were stolen (thats another story) but ive just purchased a new(to me) pair of julietts. they're Matt Black, look and feel "almost" perfect. but i have a few reservations and i just wanted to put this out there to check my reasoning. I'll start by sa\ying IF they are fake they're a really good one, a
s they look spot on

firstly there is no serial number on the frames, all of the rubber etc looks genuine, but i was under the impression that oakley serialised all of their glasses. (me previous pair definately did. have a serial No) and its not worn off, the colour is imaculate.

Next, they feel slightly small, now i could have put on a but of weight around my temples but my old ones didnt feel tight.

lastly, the lenses rattle. thats never happened before either. i dont know (as i never changed the lenses) but should there be a gasket for the lenses?

i dont want to go back and accuse this guy of being a fake seller if i'm just being paranoid, but likewise these aren't cheap disposible sunnies either

all opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David
View attachment 729473View attachment 729474View attachment 729475View attachment 729476
They look real.

I read further and saw it was @Jon the Don who sold the pair. He is as solid as they come. Never say never, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be selling you fake stuff.

Juliet frames, while pretty bullet proof and serviceable, were notorious for having ill fitting lenses that cause the rattling. It was because the orbitals could be slightly larger or smaller depending on production.

It's normal for some not to have serials etched into them.

For future reference, you can check what you have with fake X-metals here.... Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist

Taken from this page...

Latest Posts

Back