• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Almost Burned On CL- Fake Jawbones

I had no idea about the case. I've seen a soft vault that had the two-tone look before.

And like I said, I don't know enough to spot the presence or lack thereof of a nose bridge logo to spot a fake. I guess I should do a little more research before I go meeting people on CL again.
Perhaps a "How to spot fakes" sticky thread would be a good idea.

I'll go make the suggestion. :D

I saw those on the Detroit CL a while ago. I don't know, I'm think someones told him they were fake before, or he knew from the start. If he had radars , he should have had the case as well and been able to tell the difference.

I'd actually read through that. I DID spot the fake afterall :wink: I don't recall that case being mentioned though.

Not my first foray. I owned a few sets of Foakleys at $15 a pop before I got a real pair, including a sweet set of Rootbeer Splice with bronze iridium lenses.
Perhaps a "How to spot fakes" sticky thread would be a good idea.

I'll go make the suggestion. :D

I saw those on the Detroit CL a while ago. I don't know, I'm think someones told him they were fake before, or he knew from the start. If he had radars , he should have had the case as well and been able to tell the difference.
Yeah, his reaction wasn't super convincing, but it only cost me an hour of my time on a lazy weekday.

I almost got burned on a fake pair of Mars off CL but fortunately the seller guaranteed they were authentic so after I received in the mail and pointed out the small differences he reimbursed me my money and I was only out about 10 dollars. Felt bad for him though, he dropped 200 on them...

I almost got burned on a fake pair of Mars off CL but fortunately the seller guaranteed they were authentic so after I received in the mail and pointed out the small differences he reimbursed me my money and I was only out about 10 dollars. Felt bad for him though, he dropped 200 on them...
There are fake Mars?! :O

Just googled it and holy crap! There ARE fake Mars!

They're all the Crater kind from what I've seen and it's easier to tell because the seam holes are not perforated.

Back