• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any fix for the Badman hinges?

SublimeJhn

Oakley Beginner
Hello, so back in 2015 I purchased my Badmans, and I've been happy with them since. Now I have recently run into the dreaded broken hinge issue, even though I have babied these things from day 1. I was wondering if anyone has found a source for replacement hinges, or if anyone on here has any. I've taken the arms off a few times and it's an easy fix, if only the replacement hinges were available. Any help would be appreciated!

Have you checked with Oakley Warranty?
That is really the only fix from what I understand.

Have you checked with Oakley Warranty?
That is really the only fix from what I understand.
No, I suppose I can always check but I purchased the glasses in 2015 so the warranty is expired. I had a similar issue with my Hatchets years ago, and unless they have gotten better I know their response at the time was to offer a "discount" on a new pair. The discount of course being more than they could be easily found for online. So I'm not expecting much help from them

No, I suppose I can always check but I purchased the glasses in 2015 so the warranty is expired. I had a similar issue with my Hatchets years ago, and unless they have gotten better I know their response at the time was to offer a "discount" on a new pair. The discount of course being more than they could be easily found for online. So I'm not expecting much help from them
Yeah it sucks about those hinges. I think a few people here have repaired them. Maybe somebody will chime in who can do it. Other option might be sell them as parts to help with a new pair.

You'd think with all these people having issues with their glasses there would be more people parting them out. Yet there's nothing on eBay. I submitted a repair request to Oakley warranty, I'll see what they say but I'm guessing since I'm out of warranty they will want a small fortune if they agree to fix them at all

Back