• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blasted Juliets

I dont think a finish like gen 1 plasma can be created like this simply because raw Xmetal is just a darker color than g1 plasma. The surface may be the same texture but the color will never be the same with this method

The lighter frame is my 1st Gen Ducati.....2nd frame is darker and will have Ice while the 3rd Hammerstem is also darker and will have Ruby. I'm very anxious to get these home!!!!

yea qtrain im still tryin to figure the whole pic thing out.i really need some decent photographic equiptment to get the lighting correct,hopefully when he gets em back he can help me with lighting and post better pics.

the difference in all the x colors is the way they are finished afterwords,either polished, electroplated,annodized,or some caustic chemical to "etch" the material after blasting making them darker.its all the same material when cast.

As long as the color can be close to 1st gen plasma then I'm game. My TiO2 XX has a scratch on one of the orbitals which is 1st gen plasma. I'd love for it to be refinished to get rid of the scratch.

Sneak Peek.....my Ducati Juliet's....top one was a beat up, scratched X Metal frame....re-finished by Mark...unbelieveable!!!! Better than out of box condition!

6yzy9atu.jpg

Back