• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blasted Juliets

A little square of electrical tape over the serial number,then blast lightly only in that area

my glass beading is dead smooth,unlike the aluminum oxide media tends to be a little harder material,but even then you really have to lay into those frames to get any real color change.i just love the natural color of ti. I believe its a shame to paint ,polish or annodise them.

The finish on my "light" pair is as smooth or smoother than a factory frame...its the frame in front.....

6ypu9u4e.jpg

my glass beading is dead smooth,unlike the aluminum oxide media tends to be a little harder material,but even then you really have to lay into those frames to get any real color change.i just love the natural color of ti. I believe its a shame to paint ,polish or annodise them.

The finish on my "light" pair is as smooth or smoother than a factory frame...its the frame in front.....

6ypu9u4e.jpg

I guess, to each it's own. I prefer the lighter "plasma" look but without the coating and was hoping that the baking soda would achieve it. I have two Ti mountain bikes and like the shiny "natural" uncoated look but love the polished look even more. If all my x-metals were ugly, they would eventually end up polished

Here's a crappy pic of my polished Santa Cruz Chameleon:
Chameleon1.jpg

I guess things would have been different if I took wood shop instead of metal shop in middle school. I bought the frame painted. Stripped it and polished it out. I'm now starting on my Ti Lynskey.

someone gimme a pair,ill try to achieve a plasma finish in a corn cob media tumbler.it polishes brass like a mirror but may change the Ti to a plasma finish.

Back