• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi, does anyone know where i can buy authentic lenses for my oakley x metal romeos and juliet? The oakley site does not sell them.
cheers
Hi mate.
It's still possible to buy authentic (otherwise known as O.E.M.) lenses, but not from Oakley. I'm not sure how many posts you've made, but once you have fulfilled the requirements, you can go here to buy factory Juliet and Romeo 1 lenses....Oakley X-Metal Exchange .

But I'd also suggest that custom cut lenses for <$100 are the way to go as well (where people buy factory OEM Oakley lenses from other current models, but with the same base curvature (ie. 8.75) and then get people like @Chris A Hardaway to cut and send them back to you). Because you're in the Netherlands, it'd cost maybe $20-25 to ship back to you, so it's worthwhile doing a few sets of lenses at a time, or experiment with some local guys there (if you're willing to take the risk).

Hi mate.
It's still possible to buy authentic (otherwise known as O.E.M.) lenses, but not from Oakley. I'm not sure how many posts you've made, but once you have fulfilled the requirements, you can go here to buy factory Juliet and Romeo 1 lenses....Oakley X-Metal Exchange .

But I'd also suggest that custom cut lenses for <$100 are the way to go as well (where people buy factory OEM Oakley lenses from other current models, but with the same base curvature (ie. 8.75) and then get people like @Chris A Hardaway to cut and send them back to you). Because you're in the Netherlands, it'd cost maybe $20-25 to ship back to you, so it's worthwhile doing a few sets of lenses at a time, or experiment with some local guys there (if you're willing to take the risk).
Hi, wow, thanx for the rapid response mate. From the little that i know, are`nt oakleys all about quality lenses? Are you sure the lenses from anyone other than oakleys be as good quality? Does`nt O.E.M mean original and from the manufacturer i.e Oakley?
cheers

Hi, wow, thanx for the rapid response mate. From the little that i know, are`nt oakleys all about quality lenses? Are you sure the lenses from anyone other than oakleys be as good quality? Does`nt O.E.M mean original and from the manufacturer i.e Oakley?
cheers
That's what he was saying. You buy oakley lenses that are made for other frames and you have them cut to fit your xmetals. You want the lenses with an 8.75 base curve.

That's what he was saying. You buy oakley lenses that are made for other frames and you have them cut to fit your xmetals. You want the lenses with an 8.75 base curve.
Ok i get it. They are original oakley lenses but from other models and they can be cut to shape and fit my romeos or juliets.(did i get it right?)
cheers

cheers
Yeah. Sorry. I should have made it clearer. It's exactly what @Slojack said.

If you want to buy OEM Juliet or Romeo lenses, contact @jdd32 from Australia. He has a bit of stock (especially of larger lenses that can be cut down to Romeo or Juliet size).

Bear in mind, that now Prizm lens technology has arrived in the Oakley range, there's a lot more (and better) lens choice than 20 years ago when Juliet and Romeos were released.

If you want to try other aftermarket lenses, I'd suggest first talk to @Linegear Japan. He's an absolute top notch helpful guy, and Linegear's positive red lenses are supposed to be excellent. They're well priced as well.

If you want to custom cut some amazing aftermarket lenses, check out MATTE Dillon lenses. There's a thread here somewhere. Or else look up @Litos' collection. Those lenses look amazing, but I'm not sure of how shatterproof they are compared to Oakley lenses. In terms of difference between Oakley and Dillon lenses at least, there's really not that much in it (in terms of clarity of vision) as far as I can tell (from the pair I've got).

I was looking recently at picking up some badmans, but after reading the link in the first post about the hinges are a major weak spot, now i'm starting to think twice now.

Excellent thread, this should be stickied to the top.