• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collector - but not your usual one!

QuinsRulesOK

Oakley Beginner
Evening all, Andy here from the UK. I would describe myself as a collector, not not your usual one though. I have about 20 odd pairs of sunglasses, and three watches. Have bought on average a pair of sunnies every year for the last 20 years, sometimes more than one a year! Watches, well I've moved on from quartz to automatics now, big brand ones, but still have three left, somewhere.

This is where I am different to a serious collector, no display cases, no boxes kept in pristine condition, I don't know where my three watches are other than I think they are in one of moving boxes I have in the spare room for the last 4 years! I keep all the sunglasses in their microbags in a drawer, together. I keep one pair in the car permanently as they are perfect for it, the Nanowire 4.0. Some of them have scratches, all have been worn many times, some more than others. I have favourites, ones I will wear a lot, compared to others which get little wear simply because I tend to buy on a whim, don't really fit or not comfortable after long term wear, and others get bought which I like.

To put this in to perspective, I have an original bought Romeo 1.0, number 002781, according to the frame. I still have the case, somewhere, I had to remove the original foam from it as it was disintegrating, so simply moved the Romeo's to my sunglasses drawer in their bag, leaving the empty case. I do think, somewhere, I also have the coin. Both the case and coin will be scratched up as they have been moved the length and breadth of the UK on my journeys moving home for work. But I have them somewhere, I think!

Anyway, good to see all the pics, and posts, I'll make some myself with my collection in the main forums. For now here's my collection, in their natural habitat :
IMG_0586.JPG

Welcome to the forum! And hey a collectors a collector - post up some pics of the actual sunglasses!

Welcome @QuinsRulesOK! I was like you at one time. Unfortunately, I lost a pair of X-metal XX and boxes for my R1 and Juliet because of it though. Hopefully you have better luck and you might possibly change your ways after being on this forum for a while. 👍

Back