• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Concealed Carry

• Thread starter Deleted member 34744
  • Start date
7zF3biR7j50eQ.gif

Well if youre a felon, you cant own a firearm. So its not really a constitutional right is it? Unless they make felons turn in their citizenship..

What about felons and mentally disabled?
If its a right, how can you lose it?
You’re correct. Technically, those laws are against the constitution. As a society, we overlook these violations of the constitution because we agree that they’re in the best interests of society as a whole, at the expense of a loss of some rights by some people.

However, it’s a slippery slope. Who determines whom is mentally disabled? Homosexuality was a disorder in the DSM until 1973. You could argue that determining who is a Felon is clear cut, but what if stealing a candy bar becomes a felony?

A lot of anti-gun laws would be deemed unconstitutional if they made it to the Supreme Court, which is why laws are changed or dropped if challenges start making their way through the courts.

Also whats deemed hate speech.
Theres another we allowed a long time ago and will never get back. That would be road blocks or DWI checkpoints. Absolutely against our constitutional rights. Yet we see them everyday. In this state they setup checkpoints every weekend

Also whats deemed hate speech.
Theres another we allowed a long time ago and will never get back. That would be road blocks or DWI checkpoints. Absolutely against our constitutional rights. Yet we see them everyday. In this state they setup checkpoints every weekend
Have someone recording, and don’t answer any questions. They can stop you, doesn’t mean you have to say anything. Don’t be disrespectful, but exercise your rights. They might arrest you. Let them, fighting or resisting arrest is illegal, whereas not answering questions on a checkpoint is not. Once you’re arrested, you must give your name and address, that’s it (depending on locality, date of birth, check local laws). The only other words you say are, “I want to speak to a lawyer.” You’ll win in the courts. If you don’t want to deal with all that, just answer the questions. But just know you haven’t lost your rights.

Edit: Hate speech isn’t illegal, at least not anywhere in the US I’m aware of; it’s just a modifier on a crime.

Have someone recording, and don’t answer any questions. They can stop you, doesn’t mean you have to say anything. Don’t be disrespectful, but exercise your rights. They might arrest you. Let them, fighting or resisting arrest is illegal, whereas not answering questions on a checkpoint is not. Once you’re arrested, you must give your name and address, that’s it (depending on locality, date of birth, check local laws). The only other words you say are, “I want to speak to a lawyer.” You’ll win in the courts. If you don’t want to deal with all that, just answer the questions. But just know you haven’t lost your rights.

Edit: Hate speech isn’t illegal, at least not anywhere in the US I’m aware of; it’s just a modifier on a crime.
It was more of a remark towards censoring. It will be illegal soon.
If you were to do what youre talking about at a checkpoint? you would be arrested. no doubt.

It was more of a remark towards censoring. It will be illegal soon.
If you were to do what youre talking about at a checkpoint? you would be arrested. no doubt.
It's not definite, I've done it many times without being arrested, but its a definite possibility. Which is why I mentioned what to do if you end up being arrested.
Errrbody has a Law degree from FB University lately ...
You don't need a law degree to read and understand the local, state and federal laws you're expected to live by. Ignorance of the law is not a defense, and it certainly isn't an excuse.

Latest Posts

Back