• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Consolidated Oakley Watches Real or Fake Thread (Is this Oakley Watch Fake?)

Well add me to the list of people scammed by YFG. What I thought was a grail is nothing more than a knockoff. Now that you’ve laid out all the telltales @zwc0442, I can’t believe I ignored all the differences up until now.

Definitely harder to spot at first compared to MM fakes, but when comparing side by side, it’s really obvious.

View attachment 884761
C - Clip securing pushers on Fake

View attachment 884762
Threaded pusher on Real HP

View attachment 884764
Fake HP has curvy (polished) O logo

View attachment 884765
Real HP has a flat (Matte) O logo

View attachment 884767
View attachment 884768
Coarse thread screws on Fake. Fine thread screws on real HP.

View attachment 884769
Fake has machined lines compared to the smooth curves of real HP links. The fake screws have a larger diameter countersink compared to real HP screws.

View attachment 884770
fake clasp release back compared to real. The fake doesn’t flow with the circular curvature.

View attachment 884773
Just like MM’s, straight cut lines between the pushers and crown.

View attachment 884772

View attachment 884775

View attachment 884774
I dont think many people would have been on their guard buying from such an established member ‘at the time’ and as your pictures prove unless you really know what to look for its a very decent fake. Thankyou for posting as your pictures will now be the bible of what to check.

Well add me to the list of people scammed by YFG. What I thought was a grail is nothing more than a knockoff. Now that you’ve laid out all the telltales @zwc0442, I can’t believe I ignored all the differences up until now.

Definitely harder to spot at first compared to MM fakes, but when comparing side by side, it’s really obvious.

View attachment 884761

View attachment 884762

View attachment 884764

View attachment 884765

View attachment 884767
View attachment 884768

View attachment 884769
Fake has machined lines compared to the smooth curves of real HP links. The fake screws have a larger diameter countersink compared to real HP screws.

View attachment 884770
fake clasp release back compared to real. The fake doesn’t flow with the circular curvature.

View attachment 884773

View attachment 884772

View attachment 884775

View attachment 884774
It's crazy how close the fake hp is. When I first ran into one I asked the person who did the initial machining design for the oakley watches and he said there was never a different variation on design. I had showed him all the differences in and he had came to the same conclusion that it has to be a fake.

Another thing on the 1 I seen was the clasp cover over the buttons was actually stainless steel. But the rest of the parts were titanium.

Another thing on the 1 I seen was the clasp cover over the buttons was actually stainless steel. But the rest of the parts were titanium.

Yes. Same on my knockoff. The fake overall is a darker metal than OEM. The clasp cover on the fake is noticeably lighter in color than the rest of the watch.

At least whoever make the fake used titanium. Haha. I’ll confirm metallurgy on mine soon.

C30C7046-ED3F-4243-B89A-999DB98F5A96.jpeg

Yes. Same on my knockoff. The fake overall is a darker metal than OEM. The clasp cover on the fake is noticeably lighter in color than the rest of the watch.

At least whoever make the fake used titanium. Haha. I’ll confirm metallurgy on mine soon.

View attachment 884825
Your photos are very thorough. Looking at them closer there is even more details that are showing in the pics having them side by side.

Love the detailed write ups and comparisons, and these side by side pictures.

But I can’t help from worry that we are not arming counterfeiters with the punch card on “how to build the next fake HP”.

What options exist to protect this very valuable data from that fate?
-at time of posting only 19% of site traffic is a registered user…..19%!

Love the detailed write ups and comparisons, and these side by side pictures.

But I can’t help from worry that we are not arming counterfeiters with the punch card on “how to build the next fake HP”.

What options exist to protect this very valuable data from that fate?

I suspect who made these has had an oem product at hand at least and they have more than one human brain involved in the process. The diferences are cost decision based (at least I suspect OEM costs more to produce as well). Meaning that who is copying them does know how to exactly spot their own counterfeight from an oem product they copied. I would even bet they can name more diferences

Also do not think that these post will contribute to someone deciding to start producing fakes with the aim to make them more undistinguishable .... And even if bear in mind that not many people have access to everything needed to leverage the undertaking of producing this type of copy and make a significant money out of it (upfront financing will be needed, etc.).

Therefore the education on the matter with all possible detail will more likely harm who is producing them than help, as correcting will mean cost increase on theire side, which diminished possible return. This turns out to be critic when you already focus at full price and a relatively small marked (due to the value and what type of quality whatches you can get for this value).

View attachment 884825

I can see difference in size on those flat head screws and the screw holes with the right side sloping.

and the gaps on the clasp connecting end.....

and the pin hole....

C30C7046-ED3F-4243-B89A-999DB98F5A96.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 884761

View attachment 884762

View attachment 884764

View attachment 884765

View attachment 884767
View attachment 884768

View attachment 884769

If you grab two adjacent links on the fake, there is more play between them than the OEM. The stud on the back of a fake screw is smaller diameter than the receiving hole on the fake link
allowing for more movement.

View attachment 884770

View attachment 884773

View attachment 884772

View attachment 884775

View attachment 884774
That sucks dude, sorry this happened to you! But thank you very much for taking the time to make comparison pictures and detailed explanations, this will be very helpful to all going forward!

Back