• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Corona 19 thread

The risk levels for the activities is 100% absurd! That assessment is nothing but pure politics. No sane person can look at that assessment and accept it as unbiased scientific based risk assessment!
Tend to disagree with you. Granted there is a whole lot of BS out there. I tend to not believe anything the media says anymore. But hey if you want to go into a crowded bar with sloppy patrons not giving a $hit, in close contact, thats your business!! Just keep your business to yourself and don't spread it around to more vulnerable people.
Your choice is your undoing, try to keep that to yourself. I feel there is a lot of unnecessary $hit going on and am pretty pissed about that. But as far as people and close contact interaction goes...I will leave it up to the people who think the risk assement is 100% BS, and keep my distance from you all.
Carry on!

Lots of nurses are being laid off because they’re not doing all kinds of elective things and general surgeries and the like. I also know nurses who have been laid off. Using this as proof that COVID cases are down or not serious is asinine.

There’s lot of news articles about ICUs filling up. A few minutes of research shows this.

Just because you don’t die doesn’t mean you’re fine. There’s lots of emerging evidence that COVID causes organ damage (that may be permanent, but there isn’t enough data yet) due to clotting, especially in young people. That’s why you see young people having strokes. Even if you recover, it seems that it takes months, and some people haven’t regained all their lung capacity.

Let’s not pretend that as long as you don’t die you’re good to go.
Wait, let's calm down and be rational, okay? Your posts suggest that...

"Hospitalizations aren’t going down. ICUs are filling up all over the country."

...those are your words, verbatim. Then you agreed that nurses are indeed being laid off...

"Lots of nurses are being laid off because they’re not doing all kinds of elective things and general surgeries and the like. I also know nurses who have been laid off."

...again, your words, verbatim.

Your points are contradictory, but let me make sure I understand you correctly, because I am kinda slow. Hospital ICU's are "filling up all over the country" and simultaneously "lots of nurses are being laid off." That is your assessment? You want to dictate policy for the entire population based on that?

-----

Now, let's discuss your straw grasping about long term effects, not dying, and 'being good to go.'

Huh??????????

I mean, no one knows anything for certain about the lasting effects of covid-19. It's so new there's still things about the structure and nature of the virus itself that is unknown. However, is it such a crazy radical thought that a young healthy person that contracted SARS-Cov-2 but never developed any symptoms would somehow be....okay? Is it that radical to think that??

The original sars outbreak was 17 years ago. I understand this virus isn't that one but they did name it SARS-Cov-2, so it must pretty similar. Did I miss the massive news reports about the 30-40 year olds that are spontaneously dying now because they survived the original sars outbreak?? That's a genuine question.

Tend to disagree with you. Granted there is a whole lot of BS out there. I tend to not believe anything the media says anymore. But hey if you want to go into a crowded bar with sloppy patrons not giving a $hit, in close contact, thats your business!! Just keep your business to yourself and don't spread it around to more vulnerable people.
Your choice is your undoing, try to keep that to yourself. I feel there is a lot of unnecessary $hit going on and am pretty pissed about that. But as far as people and close contact interaction goes...I will leave it up to the people who think the risk assement is 100% BS, and keep my distance from you all.
Carry on!
The fact that have church listed as high risk and grocery shopping as low risk is definitive proof that it is 100% irrefutably politically driven. There's no scientific reasoning that can support that, and common sense kicks it in the nuts! A church isn't open to the entirety of the public. A church can and does control its entry far better than a public grocery store could ever even get close to. A church can and does sanitize far better than a public grocery store ever could.

I'm not gonna argue about the indoor bar thing. That would be folly on my part. Having part of sensibly correct while simultaneously inserting clear political bias pretty much renders the entire website as suspect though.

I mean a gas/petrol station is low risk but a funeral is high risk???? Again, a darn funeral isn't going to be ran through by hundreds or thousands of people all day. A gas station is. Common sense tells us this beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Throw the whole thing out, its clearly not trustworthy! 🤦🏻‍♂️

The fact that have church listed as high risk and grocery shopping as low risk is definitive proof that it is 100% irrefutably politically driven. There's no scientific reasoning that can support that, and common sense kicks it in the nuts! A church isn't open to the entirety of the public. A church can and does control its entry far better than a public grocery store could ever even get close to. A church can and does sanitize far better than a public grocery store ever could.

I'm not gonna argue about the indoor bar thing. That would be folly on my part. Having part of sensibly correct while simultaneously inserting clear political bias pretty much renders the entire website as suspect though.

I mean a gas/petrol station is low risk but a funeral is high risk???? Again, a darn funeral isn't going to be ran through by hundreds or thousands of people all day. A gas station is. Common sense tells us this beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Throw the whole thing out, its clearly not trustworthy!

I think you have some fundamental misunderstandings about this entire situation.

******* don’t understand a thing.
When was the last time you’ve heard that a regular flu, infested most of a hospital floor?? Regardless if it’s med surge, telemetry, icu, etc?? Ask yourself that. If it’s just a regular flu, why are these dumbasses goes to the hospital to get treated when they cannot breathe??? WHY?? “Because it’s not a regular flu”.

this thread has become someone’s “safe space” :brunette:

******* don’t understand a thing.
When was the last time you’ve heard that a regular flu, infested most of a hospital floor?? Regardless if it’s med surge, telemetry, icu, etc?? Ask yourself that. If it’s just a regular flu, why are these dumbasses goes to the hospital to get treated when they cannot breathe??? WHY?? “Because it’s not a regular flu”.

this thread has become someone’s “safe space” :brunette:
You do know that it's called SARS-Cov-2, right? Who has called it the regular flu?

The answer to your question resides in the reality that medical facilities are highly compensated for anything covid related. We have a very close family friend that is a high ranking hospital executive, and a coworker's wife is a hospital ceo. I've got pretty good specific info regarding precisely how hospitals are compensated for admitting 'covid patients.' They're even compensated for treating regular patients for non-covid related injuries, that just so happen to be covid positive. It's a huge racket that is wrought with corruption! I'm not naive enough to blindly believe everything that is reported.

All that said....calm down bro, why are you so angry??

Everything? Everything I'm saying is false? Lol. I know at least a dozen nurses in my area that are lookin for work. They aren't getting 40 hours as nurses. Some have just quit and went back to school. I'm glad those were fortunate enough to have that luxury.

I'm sorry, but if hospitals were truly seeing a measurable uptick in covid hospitalizations it would be ALL OVER the mainstream media. It's not, because it's not happening! Cases are rising, but that's due to insane levels of testing, and a plethora of faulty tests which give false positives.

Let's just be rational for one minute, okay? It was young people that were protesting, rioting, and looting. It is young people that are going out to bars, parties, and restaurants. Those are the positives we're seeing. Those people aren't being hospitalized and they certainly aren't dying! Can we just admit the obviousness of that at least?
I agree on this 100%. I know care workers in Oakland, SF, and the surroundings, no hospital or bed issue. It is crap and that’s one of my pissed off issues also. Some friends lined up, in their car of course, to test. Signed in and waited forever and bailed. Said *** it. They got notified they were positive!!! Never even took the test. Now tell me that ain’t fukd up
1594600104946.png

Just save yourself the headache and hit the "Ignore" button 👍. I don't agree with everyone on this topic, but most people have common decency to be civilized and engage in meaningful conversation, rather than resorting to throwing insults and name calling.
You mean like never posting any conversation at all, then randomly posting a picture mocking the president for doing what you've been asking him and others to do?? That kind of civility? That kind of meaningful conversation? Oh and you called him a sheep. Is that the kind of name calling you're referring to?

Meaningful conversation includes being told things you don't like and you don't want to hear. If your only conversations are with like minded people about things you only agree with, you're doing yourself a disservice. How does one grow, mature, learn, or adapt as a person if they actively 'ignore' those that they are threatened by because they have a different opinion and choose to voice it?

Back