• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Craigslist Medusa (eastern CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to post it, post it. Some people get bent out of shape because they think they're the only ones entitled to deals, but so be it. Last I knew, there's no rule against it per OakleyForum.

Correct, there are no forum rules against it and you can certainly post it if you want to.

But that's not what it's about - it's not a matter of entitlement but of etiquette, of showing those who are investing the time and effort to find these deals the courtesy of letting them close it. If you don't want to show that courtesy, fine.

I don't think the people here who post CL deals are intentionally trying to snafu other people's work; they're just trying to help people out without realizing that it's stepping on toes.

Any nobody's complaining about PM'ing a lead to a forum buddy who might be interested in the deal; it's these untargeted "general public" posts that can cause an issue.

But that's all I have to say about that... :car:

Hmm, seems common place as there are five other CL deals post on this forum. Who do I contact to receive a refund for my lifetime membership as double standards seem to apply on this forum as well.
I wholeheartedly believe you had nothing but the best intentions in posting, all that has been brought to light is the flip side of the coin. Believe me there are some who search the continent for such deals, and they are often blind sided by the influx of those merely clicking on a link. Do not feel disparaged by being the one singled out among many other similar posts, this is a friendly forum and it was just senior members helping the new.

Welcome to O forum

Hmm, seems common place as there are five other CL deals post on this forum. Who do I contact to receive a refund for my lifetime membership as double standards seem to apply on this forum as well.
If you want to post it, post it. Some people get bent out of shape because they think they're the only ones entitled to deals, but so be it. Last I knew, there's no rule against it per OakleyForum.
Hey Jackson, do what you want there is no real forum etiquette for this. There are plenty of people actively searching for this stuff literally by the minute on google and aggregators. Your post might have increased the number of inquiries to 100 instead of 60- so what?
Sorry that some are trying to impose on you their vision of how the forum should operate. At least you have paid your own way. Funny though, it's usually members with thousands of posts -yet have never contributed monetarily to the forum- that are the most vocal. Despite having benefited greatly from the site at no expense they are the first to give their opinion of how the forum should operate. Yes, let's do discuss etiquette...
Welcome to the forum, stick around and you'll be able to separate the wheat from the chaff soon enough!

Hey Jackson, do what you want there is no real forum etiquette for this. There are plenty of people actively searching for this stuff literally by the minute on google and aggregators. Your post might have increased the number of inquiries to 100 instead of 60- so what?
Sorry that some are trying to impose on you their vision of how the forum should operate. At least you have paid your own way. Funny though, it's usually members with thousands of posts -yet have never contributed monetarily to the forum- that are the most vocal. Despite having benefited greatly from the site at no expense they are the first to give their opinion of how the forum should operate. Yes, let's do discuss etiquette...
Welcome to the forum, stick around and you'll be able to separate the wheat from the chaff soon enough!
Oh hell no Boss got my money lol. #premiummembership :)

Its not a written rule, that's a given and I don't believe that has been argued.

Sometimes the unwritten rules in life are the most integral.

I for one merely attempted to demonstrate why some members are upset, simply showing the other side of the coin. I have posted classified deals before, again an honest effort to help fellow members find a deal that was not meant for me. I was kindly explained why this may not be unanimously appreciated. Now, knowing this you can certainly formulate your own opinion given this knowledge. Again not against any forum rule you may feel free to continue.

It is interesting to see a particular items visit count on a classifieds site after posting here though.

I must have missed that unwritten rule also that only premium members could provide an opinion. My apologies, my head keeps swimming trying to keep track of all these unwritten rules. Maybe someone should write them all down.

Reactions: OOO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back