• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customizers

I can do cerakote on all types of frames, but right now this time of the year I'm limited to solid colors.all that crazy camo and multi color stuff is not my bag. If you've got something you need to work on let me know and I'll see if it can it get done.

I can do cerakote on all types of frames, but right now this time of the year I'm limited to solid colors.all that crazy camo and multi color stuff is not my bag. If you've got something you need to work on let me know and I'll see if it can it get done.
Hey X-man, now I've got all the O-wizards in my topic I believe :biggrin:.
Dunno how much you've read from this thread, but I am in the lucky posession of a carbon XS and a plasma Juliet, from which I want make a special pair. My original 'dream' was to ask Dr.Chop to make them a matching Cerakoted camo pair, but establishing some sort of communication with him seems as hard as doing the paintjob myself, so I opened this thread, which now has led me into some sort of crossroads, and I'm kind of lost in which way to go.
The last couple of days I've checked out tons op X-metal pr0n in the various topics, and it struck me there are soooooo many options to choose from, but I still like the special cote/paint stuff best..I'm not into color that much, so I keep wandering around the black/grey/white stuff, and since sOuLfUlFoRg sort of said he has no time on short terms, I may have to change my planning a little.

I've given a Ti02 some thoughts too, but then I will not have the personal flavoured one of a kind pair I wanted originally, because anyone can just order the same stuff anytime the want. On the other hand it gives me 2 10/10 NIB condition pairs of very wearable Oakley's, and that is exactly why I own them.. :cool-33:

Did you already do a Ti02 with black/X-metal combo? did not come across a pair yet, but that would be my choice I think.. I do not like plasma (the Juliet I recently bought for this purpose is plasma), and I refuse to wear it as is :lol:

Hey X-man, now I've got all the O-wizards in my topic I believe :biggrin:.
Dunno how much you've read from this thread, but I am in the lucky posession of a carbon XS and a plasma Juliet, from which I want make a special pair. My original 'dream' was to ask Dr.Chop to make them a matching Cerakoted camo pair, but establishing some sort of communication with him seems as hard as doing the paintjob myself, so I opened this thread, which now has led me into some sort of crossroads, and I'm kind of lost in which way to go.
The last couple of days I've checked out tons op X-metal pr0n in the various topics, and it struck me there are soooooo many options to choose from, but I still like the special cote/paint stuff best..I'm not into color that much, so I keep wandering around the black/grey/white stuff, and since sOuLfUlFoRg sort of said he has no time on short terms, I may have to change my planning a little.

I've given a Ti02 some thoughts too, but then I will not have the personal flavoured one of a kind pair I wanted originally, because anyone can just order the same stuff anytime the want. On the other hand it gives me 2 10/10 NIB condition pairs of very wearable Oakley's, and that is exactly why I own them.. :cool-33:

Did you already do a Ti02 with black/X-metal combo? did not come across a pair yet, but that would be my choice I think.. I do not like plasma (the Juliet I recently bought for this purpose is plasma), and I refuse to wear it as is :lol:
XMan can do a "reverse Ti02" :)

Black Orbitals and XMetal nose bridge and ear stems :)

IMG_2895.JPG

Ok, I see one, so far for 'unique' ;) In my head I saw it the other way around; black bridge, X-metal orbitals and black stems. Got a picture of that too? :cool-33:
Like the combo in your picture too btw.. very nice :whistle:

Original Ti's should be X and plasma is it?

A true reverse Ti02 would be x-metal orbitals with plasma nose bridge and arms.

X-man has a special called black tie, which has plasma orbitals with a matte black nose bridge and arms. I'm sure he could do you a black tie with x-metal orbitals instead of plasma.

Like Litos, I really like my X-metal/matte black X-man customs, sometimes called grey ties.

Either way you can't go wrong with zwc0442, The X-man, or SoulfulFrog. Have dealt with all three. You will get your glasses back in a timely manner and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

IMG_0593.JPG

Thanks. The top one was originally a 2nd or beyond generation plasma frame, so that is OEM plasma (not bone finish) with X-Man's matte black bridge and stems
Ok, looks a little bit darker in your pic then the pair I have here, but again, it could be just the lighting.
I'm not sure, but mine could be a Gen1, because it is a little bit roughly finished.. if you look up close the are few imperfections on it.. Read somewhere that these are typical Gen1 blemishes.. it has a couple of discolouration spots on it, on the places where you expect sweat to get into contact with the frame, around the nosepads, inside of the stems a.s.o. rubbers are pretty tight tho, but I reckon these will be replaced anyway if the frame is taken apart to prep whatever job I will have done.

Do you see a serial number on the inside of the left stem next to the hinge? If so, and it reads something like JE###### (no letter at the end) then you have a 1st generation Juliet plasma with bone finish, and it will be lighter than the one on my picture, also rougher, and ususally they get stained after some use. That's why on the following generations they changed the plasma finish to be like the orbitals on my pair in the picture
It has a serial, but it reads JI, or J1, not sure.
DSC_1430_zps4mxmohgm.jpg

Here's a pic of the discolouration/staining.

DSC_1429_zpsdk1ayxkh.jpg

Back