• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

That was my thinking too, I just thought I read somewhere that the regular versions weren't suitable due to the BC.
Thanks for your responses, time to buy up on lenses!!
The standard brooks has a 6.0 BC, don't imagine the XS version would be any different... but I have no knowledge on the XS BC of those.
While all the variants of the Frogs share 4.0 Base Curve - according to oakley's website.

IIRC there's nothing out there, besides a frogskins lite 😂

edit: apparently an eyepatch would work (here)... maybe a large frame model with a toric lenses would work as well?
There seems to always be replacement lenses for them be it ebay or online stores, so unless you want something that was never offered for the frogskins dunno why you'd cut them...

View attachment 682878
I want Prizm deep water.

According to this Mainlink is a base 6 👍🏼

C411CAC2-17D0-4E74-8026-207F3BB9F1D5.png

Anyone ever cut a Jawbone lens from a Radar Path?... or any hand cutting experience with using a donor that doesn't have a matching BC to the template lens.

Base Curve of radar is flatter, so when I trace my template onto the donor would I cut it to the line like a regular cut with matched BC... or do I need to go slightly larger or slightly smaller?

Like it looks perfect fit, but not sure if when actually cut might be too short/narrow - because of the difference in BC, despite matching in the overlay?

IMG_0303.JPG

anyone know what can be used for mars?
Anyone ever cut a Jawbone lens from a Radar Path?... or any hand cutting experience with using a donor that doesn't have a matching BC to the template lens.

Base Curve of radar is flatter, so when I trace my template onto the donor would I cut it to the line like a regular cut with matched BC... or do I need to go slightly larger or slightly smaller?

Like it looks perfect fit, but not sure if when actually cut might be too short/narrow - because of the difference in BC, despite matching in the overlay?

View attachment 719660
You have to factor in some margin for error. That is way too close for comfort. Also, if they are not the same base curve, the lens will be under pressure to pop out of the orbital if not 100% perfect cut. I have found this out through experience of cutting slightly different base curves for frames.

Back