• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

I can confirm Mars base curve is the same as the Juliet.

So Mars : 8.75 base curve

but what would mars donor lenses come from? I tried Jawbone, and Mars is a little to tall.
could someone test a Plaintiff to see if a Mars could be cut from those if the Plaintiff is 8.75?

I had OTT lenses cut out of Plaintiff lenses so they should work for Mars no problem.

So OTT and Plaintiff are both 8.75 base curve ? Are the many choices for plaintiff lens kits?

I test fitted an oem Mars with a vented Jawbone. No dice. The Mars is just a little to tall. I didn't want to believe it because I was talking my buddy into a custom lens for the Mars I picked up for him.

So OTT and Plaintiff are both 8.75 base curve ? Are the many choices for plaintiff lens kits?

I test fitted an oem Mars with a vented Jawbone. No dice. The Mars is just a little to tall. I didn't want to believe it because I was talking my buddy into a custom lens for the Mars I picked up for him.

is it something that can be fixed by using a non-vented lens?

And does anyone can recommend what is the best way to cut/trim your oakley lenses? I guessing cutting it using a 'dremel'?
I really need to cut 1 for my romeo 1 cos in my locale no hope to get the replacements but DIY.

And does anyone can recommend what is the best way to cut/trim your oakley lenses? I really need to cut 1 for my romeo 1 cos im my locale no hope to get the replacements but DIY.

i use a dremel. that said, you are better off buying a lens from dr chop if you dont know how... its a shame to ruin a good lens :)

try diy though but start on cheaper plastic to get used to it

Ill try to buy some used worn lenses on ebay to practice with. :) first order of the day tomorrow will be to ace hardware. Get a dremel, masking tape and grit paper. Ahaha! Thanks mate.

Back