• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Try a Ten...Or maybe Pit Bull...Depends again on the color, but there are plenty you can lose the etching on for a Juliet, Romeo however, is a totally different beast, and probably NOT possible to lose fully...

Damn... maybe I'll just settle for non polar for the Romeo. Throw me a few lenses that I can lose the etching for an XX X-Metal... cause I'll be buying them and sending them your way! ;)

Um, probably Ten again...Should be same as Juliet, except again, may be near impossible on a large lens. I don't have Ten lenses on hand to compare to, or I could say definitely.

Damn... maybe I'll just settle for non polar for the Romeo. Throw me a few lenses that I can lose the etching for an XX X-Metal... cause I'll be buying them and sending them your way! ;)

I think a split jacket could work but may be close. Can't remember how much room there is

not to eliminate the polarized lettering...

If I understand correctly...

With a Split Jacket lens you might be able to keep all the etching, it's close but no way to eliminate the etching on an XX, for Romeo probably not likely either way, for Juliet likely to be able eliminate all etching
With a Ten lens, might be able to elminate etching for Romeo or XX definitely for Juliet

Think I might need to start a spreadsheet with this data! Doc, I might end up sending you all 3 glasses and some lenses for you to assess, maybe it will help other out who are trying to obtain polar lenses and concerned about the etching.

I meant not to eliminate completely. Again, I don't think there is a suitable option in an R1 fitment that allows proper retention of the etching or complete elimination, but I may be wrong. Pretty sure though, there are NO options to achieve one or the other. Either polar with fragments of the etching, or non polar

I have read every page of this thread and love the chart you guys have put together, good work all round there. I am looking for OTT lenses and from the chart looks like the Plaintiff lenses have the correct curvature which is awesome, however my problem is how exactly you cut them?

Guess you need originals as templates but what tools are we talking to cut? Newbee at cutting lenses here :)

I have read every page of this thread and love the chart you guys have put together, good work all round there. I am looking for OTT lenses and from the chart looks like the Plaintiff lenses have the correct curvature which is awesome, however my problem is how exactly you cut them?

Guess you need originals as templates but what tools are we talking to cut? Newbee at cutting lenses here :)

Dremel, belt sander, file, etc

Latest Posts

Back