• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't use Lux for X metal fix

sundevil516

I should Work at Oakley
Arizona
So I sent my Juliets to Lux for tightening. They charged me $75 and had them in Georgia for 6 weeks! Lux claimed they were waiting on the necessary parts. So while I was at One Icon I asked if the dude there at warrantee could tighten them and he told me of course and they had all of the necessary parts on hand. Oh and the best part...it would be free of charge. Moral of the story...I hate Lux.
Juliets (2).jpg

Consider yourself lucky that you have multiple choices when it comes to getting the x-metal tightened.

Lux Singapore said this to me a few years back. "I can do it, but I cannot guarantee if I will/will not damage the nosebridge ..... why not I provide you all the parts you need and you do it yourself, FOC. How many sets you need?"

I ended up with @Linegear Japan pin pusher tool to get the job done myself.

So I sent my Juliets to Lux for tightening. They charged me $75 and had them in Georgia for 6 weeks! Lux claimed they were waiting on the necessary parts. So while I was at One Icon I asked if the dude there at warrantee could tighten them and he told me of course and they had all of the necessary parts on hand. Oh and the best part...it would be free of charge. Moral of the story...I hate Lux. View attachment 481413
So sorry to hear your story. It's the opposite here in Canada. Its 35cad when I send in a pair and they always send them back with new rubbers and sometimes lenses.. I kid you not..I've had it happen twice now where I sent i a frame I broke down and they returned them tuned, new rubbers and new lenses..they turn it around in less than 48 hours.. I dont use the service as much anymore cuz I tune my own but you cant beat 35 bucks plus 10 shipping for a complete overhaul of a frame.. I've heard nightmares from people about the US services though. I'm glad ours is still an option.. I dont mind the aftermarket flex couplers if they are zach's but I really like knowing an OEM frame has all OEM parts.

Consider yourself lucky that you have multiple choices when it comes to getting the x-metal tightened.

Lux Singapore said this to me a few years back. "I can do it, but I cannot guarantee if I will/will not damage the nosebridge ..... why not I provide you all the parts you need and you do it yourself, FOC. How many sets you need?"

I ended up with @Linegear Japan pin pusher tool to get the job done myself.
Do you like that pin pusher? I just ended up making my own tool here to use. I figured eventually I'd run into something I couldn't break down but so far I'm able to pull everything apart and reassemble it without issues..maybe I've been lucky..

Back