• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay seller. Your opinion

Yes, in the 20+ years on ebay I have lost as a seller, not to a new buyer however. I dont get too many disputes honestly compared to many sellers for a few reasons. I am pretty clear about what I am selling up front and I am not walmart, there is no return because I changed my mind policy. I can back up my claims with facts and evidence if a scammer tries something. I've seen almost all of it. Honestly I can almost sniff them out before they happen. Amazing how many scammers might start something but back down once they realize they are out witted.
care to share a wild scammer that you outwitted story, or even a story when you took a surprised "L"? the dynamic between seller and buyer is so nuanced

As a seller on Ebay since 1999, I've had a few buyers who have tried to scam me, but nobody more blunt (and stupid), than one who turned out to be a forum member. He bought a set of Ichiro rubbers from me, got them, and claimed that he received 3 old tshirts. He even showed pictures of a box,with the same label I sent on a padded envelope, and 3 old tshirts inside. Where he screwed up, the label was for a 2oz package, it was 1st class mail, and I had a receipt from post office, showing actual weight of 1oz.
His pictures where of a USPS Priority mail medium size box, which alone weighs like 8oz, and over 1Lb when you add 3 tshirts to it. Oh, and the post office also gave me their own picture of the package (the padded envelope), as evidence.
Ebay quickly ruled in my favor
thanks for sharing. Dude's a dope; should have at least got the weight right 🤦‍♂️

so whatever happened to that forum member? did you put him on blast?

Just real quick and I think I talked about it here before. I sold a commercial bug electrocution device to someone who claimed it was damaged on the inside. They said they repaired it however wanted $$ for their time. Even sent pics of the "before and after" fixing. I knew he was lying.... but had no way to prove it. ..... or did I? After a little study of the photos supplied it was discovered the imbeded time stamp on the before photo was actually taked after the repaired photo. After I pointed this out the case went cold.....

Just real quick and I think I talked about it here before. I sold a commercial bug electrocution device to someone who claimed it was damaged on the inside. They said they repaired it however wanted $$ for their time. Even sent pics of the "before and after" fixing. I knew he was lying.... but had no way to prove it. ..... or did I? After a little study of the photos supplied it was discovered the imbeded time stamp on the before photo was actually taked after the repaired photo. After I pointed this out the case went cold.....
geez, you would think getting the timestamp on the before and after photos would be obvious🤷‍♂️

that the buyer "repaired" it first without even notifying you that it was "broken" is what stuck out to me; people aren't going to dip in their own pockets before someone else's.

Good eye catching the timestamps. Thanks for sharing.

Blasted. He disappeared shortly after, or changed his OF name
awesome! ..... hopefully the former rather than the latter.

Would you (or anyone) know if mods ever get involved in a dispute between 2 members even if it was on a different platform so long as you can prove it?

Back