• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay seller. Your opinion

Sounds like an odd situation. As a buyer I’d be a little skeptical of why he would go that low unless it’s a scam. Live and In person would be the only way I’d do that transaction.

Sounds like an odd situation. As a buyer I’d be a little skeptical of why he would go that low unless it’s a scam. Live and In person would be the only way I’d do that transaction.
My guess is that the seller wanted seller protection, but the seller would still get the same protection if the deal was done through PayPal, no?

My guess is that the seller wanted seller protection, but the seller would still get the same protection if the deal was done through PayPal, no?
I believe there would be more protection for the seller if he did it through eBay. Yeah, there is some protection for sellers with PayPal alone, but PayPal tends to favor the buyer. Seems odd to me.

if I may, how would there be more protection for the seller on Ebay as oppose to PayPal?

if I may, how would there be more protection for the seller on Ebay as oppose to PayPal?
Ebay has their own tracking system to look at and verify, also if you are a trusted seller with no past issues and a lot of positive feedback they are more likely to believe the seller did nothing wrong. Just one extra added protection rather than PayPal alone. -And it doesn’t cost $700 lol.

Ebay has their own tracking system to look at and verify, also if you are a trusted seller with no past issues and a lot of positive feedback they are more likely to believe the seller did nothing wrong. Just one extra added protection rather than PayPal alone. -And it doesn’t cost $700 lol.
but all of that is moot if they buyer opens a dispute with PayPal, no?

a few months ago a seller on Ebay took $700 LESS to sell a X metal on Ebay as oppose to doing the deal outside of Ebay. Does this make sense to either of you?

Anyone else is free to chime in.
If he gets caught selling off ebay from a lead generated from ebay he can lose his selling privileges.

I just got a sob story on a listing asking for almost half off. I didnt block, just simply stated there is no way I am going to sell this "near impossible to find" (their words) pair for almost half off what it is listed for.

Latest Posts

Back