• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay seller. Your opinion

As the seller, what are the factors you consider when deciding to sell to a buyer? Or is it just a matter of how much of a discount they're asking for?
There are a lot of factors that play in to it. Sometimes it's just what mood I am in as well. I do block idiot buyers upfront and the ones I have problems will get a block as well.

There are a lot of factors that play in to it. Sometimes it's just what mood I am in as well. I do block idiot buyers upfront and the ones I have problems will get a block as well.
I'll be as polite as possible from now on when asking for a discount :)

It's depends on how much of a discount someone is asking for. 10% no big deal, 80% off is insulting. I dont have to many issues with buyers on my ebay accounts however there is definitely a trend of people who want to haggle over and over and they are the ones that I have issues with later on if I decide to sell to them.

Like I & others have alluded to many times, You kind of know the Ebay that you are paying over the odds to cover fees mostly. On mid to high value items I try & contact with a pic of my email address, To try & get a better deal for both of us as buyer & seller, Not for Ebay. Most are open to it, And you were right to ask for a price reduction & strange that he blocked you.
a few months ago a seller on Ebay took $700 LESS to sell a X metal on Ebay as oppose to doing the deal outside of Ebay. Does this make sense to either of you?

Anyone else is free to chime in.

a few months ago a seller on Ebay took $700 LESS to sell a X metal on Ebay as oppose to doing the deal outside of Ebay. Does this make sense to either of you?

Anyone else is free to chime in.
$700 less? Dang, sounds like he was way way over priced to begin with. How much was he selling it for $2k?

$700 less? Dang, sounds like he was way way over priced to begin with. How much was he selling it for $2k?
if memory serves, it was just under that.

But the strange part of course is taking far less money to do the purchase on Ebay🤔

Back