• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Etching off centre on prescription Gauge 8

mGlorfindel

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I am new here and based in the UK.

I bought some Gauge 8 from Vision Express and took them back as I discovered an Oakley O just in my peripheral vision on the right lens.

They came back pretty quickly and I checked them as best I could because it is quite difficult to see the O in some light conditions.

I was driving a day or so later and noticed when looking in the side mirror that there was a blurry spot the same as before and then saw this O again which now exists on the left lens as well! There is also some etching by the nose bridge which is okay as it is not in my field of vision.

The shop, despite returning them originally are now saying this is normal but is contacting Oakley support for me but this makes no sense to me and I wondered if anyone here had prescription Oakleys and had the same partial etching in the field of vision as well.

I had Oakley Why 8 prescription sun glasses before and they only had the lower left corner etching on them but that was a while ago.

Sorry for the long post but this is quite annoying to me as what is the point of making prescription sun glasses that pride themselves on a wide field of vision but put in some etching that creates a blurred spot no matter how small.

Hello.

Welcome.

My advice:

Suck it up. You'll be ok.

All companies put etchings on their lenses.

@Trump Etchings in the field of vision? Show me some examples...

@GRFMotorsports They are with the shop atm and it is really tricky to capture on camera but once I get them back I will see what I can do.

Imagine the little custom O symbol you get in the bottom corner of prescription Oakley sunglasses but slightly off centre in the middle of the lens.

If this is standard practice I would expect someone else to have seen it but I do not want to get fobbed off by the people at Vision Express. If it is now standard practice by Oakley then I probably will try to get on with them as they are great glasses but looking across every now and then to see this blur is a little disturbing and not what I would expect for the price.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Mike

@Trump Etchings in the field of vision? Show me some examples...

@GRFMotorsports They are with the shop atm and it is really tricky to capture on camera but once I get them back I will see what I can do.

Imagine the little custom O symbol you get in the bottom corner of prescription Oakley sunglasses but slightly off centre in the middle of the lens.

If this is standard practice I would expect someone else to have seen it but I do not want to get fobbed off by the people at Vision Express. If it is now standard practice by Oakley then I probably will try to get on with them as they are great glasses but looking across every now and then to see this blur is a little disturbing and not what I would expect for the price.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Mike

Greetings

Latest Posts

Back