• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exclusive ProzoneUK Oakley Lens Review: First the Ice Blues

Feeling relaxed after my little jaunt around Toys Hill. Adorning my Titanium / Artic Pennys, strolling in sunlight, more akin to mid-summer than earlyish Spring. It was strong today, but relying on the woods canopy cover to prevent burns occurring. As I sauntered up the hills, going through the bends, I was enjoying this glorious day, without a care in the world. The lenses coped with the intense rays perfectly. With that Bronze base colour, you get a really easy going view with absolute clarity. After taking them off to wipe my brow, I noticed some small elements of gloop on the lenses(which I think were exuded from the flora or fauna), so using my microclear cloth, these were dispatched, after a few good wipes, with no apparent ill effects afterwards.

40668623895_1433e3308a_b.jpg
20180419_114124 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

Later on around 1.15 pm, we stopped off at my brothers house to enjoy a sojourn with a cup of camomile tea. Hanging the washing out, I then took a breather for another photo opportunity.

40670893455_ba3b115f8f_b.jpg
20180419_165156_HDR by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

this photo I think illustrates the Bronze base showing through, with an almost eerie spectral blue-green halo.....

26694931337_e6254d3d38_b.jpg
20180419_165135 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

this one showing some evidence of my hard work in the background.......:D

All in all, today has demonstrated that these lenses are able to deal with cr@p that occurs in the air, to be just brushed away using the correct cloth, without any nasty effects. The Bronze base is a great neutral colour which is relaxing to the eyes(especially since I forgot to have my hay-fever tablets before going to the woods), and you get this spooky phantasm thing going on.................:eek:

Feeling relaxed after my little jaunt around Toys Hill. Adorning my Titanium / Artic Pennys, strolling in sunlight, more akin to mid-summer than earlyish Spring. It was strong today, but relying on the woods canopy cover to prevent burns occurring. As I sauntered up the hills, going through the bends, I was enjoying this glorious day, without a care in the world. The lenses coped with the intense rays perfectly. With that Bronze base colour, you get a really easy going view with absolute clarity. After taking them off to wipe my brow, I noticed some small elements of gloop on the lenses(which I think were exuded from the flora or fauna), so using my microclear cloth, these were dispatched, after a few good wipes, with no apparent ill effects afterwards.

View attachment 46297420180419_114124 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

Later on around 1.15 pm, we stopped off at my brothers house to enjoy a sojourn with a cup of camomile tea. Hanging the washing out, I then took a breather for another photo opportunity.

View attachment 46297520180419_165156_HDR by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

this photo I think illustrates the Bronze base showing through, with an almost eerie spectral blue-green halo.....

View attachment 46297620180419_165135 by funky-trixtar, on Flickr

this one showing some evidence of my hard work in the background.......:D

All in all, today has demonstrated that these lenses are able to deal with cr@p that occurs in the air, to be just brushed away using the correct cloth, without any nasty effects. The Bronze base is a great neutral colour which is relaxing to the eyes(especially since I forgot to have my hay-fever tablets before going to the woods), and you get this spooky phantasm thing going on.................:eek:

Love the write up. They don’t hide the eyes very well...

Any depth distortion or are they prism compensated?

I haven't noticed any distortion in the depth, @htrap2294, however, as to regarding prism compensation, I'm not the man to speak to about this: speak to Chris, mate.

response from Chris:

"They are obviously made for the everyday user with 20/20"
"He's welcome to try a set and return them if he doesn't get on with them
1f609.png
"

Love the write up. They don’t hide the eyes very well...

Thank you. I think it depends on the light source as to how you appear from the outside, @lacampbell2005

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any distortion in the depth, @htrap2294, however, as to regarding prism compensation, I'm not the man to speak to about this: speak to Chris, mate.

response from Chris:

"They are obviously made for the everyday user with 20/20"
"He's welcome to try a set and return them if he doesn't get on with themView attachment 462992"

Thank you. I think it depends on the light source as to how you appear from the outside, @lacampbell2005
Paul, you can do a simple test for it by focussing your eyes on something in the distance, and then pulling the lens straight down from the top of your head without taking your eye off the object. If the object "moves", then it's not prizm corrected. It's kind of like the optical illusion of a fish in the bottom of a pond. It's not where you think it is due to the light passing through different density of matter. I stole that from @htrap2294 somewhere else.

Paul, you can do a simple test for it by focussing your eyes on something in the distance, and then pulling the lens straight down from the top of your head without taking your eye off the object. If the object "moves", then it's not prizm corrected. It's kind of like the optical illusion of a fish in the bottom of a pond. It's not where you think it is due to the light passing through different density of matter. I stole that from @htrap2294 somewhere else.

Having done the above test, I found them to show a slight movement on the object; this being so, NO, they aren't Prizsm Compensated......for now.

Chris said:

"They were matched to OEM XYZ"

"2004 Black Iridium and 2003 Ruby Iridium"

Last edited:
Having done the above test, I found them to show a slight movement on the object; this being so, NO, they aren't Prizsm Compensated......for now.

Chris said:

"They were matched to OEM XYZ"

"2004 Black Iridium and 2003 Ruby Iridium"

Slight may indicate there is some prism compensation. Huge jump indicates there is none. Almost no jump is perfection.

They don’t hide the eyes very well...
My successful oogling days are behind me anyway...
:blush:
I love the degree of tint variation evident in that series of shots. Well done.

... I noticed some small elements of gloop on the lenses(which I think were exuded from the flora or fauna), so using my microclear cloth, these were dispatched, after a few good wipes, with no apparent ill effects afterwards.
emt2_willy_nilly.gif

Bug excretions have ruined many a low level mission.
Perhaps the lenses are "coated" post manufacture?

Latest Posts

Back