• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Edition Tincan Carbon and Tinfoil Carbon

joscejrod

Oakley Beginner
In March, Oakley is going to release Ferrari version of that frames. I can't understand why oakley has chosen fire iridium (non polarized) for tincans and black iridium polarized for tinfoils (the same that badmans,madmans...)

They work perfect bro i once have a tinfoil they work perfect and durability is awesome it will last for sure.

In March, Oakley is going to release Ferrari version of that frames. I can't understand why oakley has chosen fire iridium (non polarized) for tincans and black iridium polarized for tinfoils (the same that badmans,madmans...)

Haven't had one issue with the screwless design, I have two pairs of tinfoil carbons and a pair of tincups for prescription and the screwless hinge works flawlessly, the arms are just as springy as day one

Bringing up an old thread - I have had issues with the hinges on my Oakley Tincan Ferrari Edition.

On the first Tincan, having worn it for about a year, the left stem does not swing out with ease. As it swings out, there seems to be some kind of a friction on the left hinge. I sent it to Oakley and they replaced it under warranty.

On my second Tincan, having worn it for about two weeks, the left hinge makes a "click" noise each time the stem swings out (although with ease). The right hinge does not make any clicking noise, but the stem does not swing out (same problem with the first Tincan that I had).

I use these glasses casually. I have daily used a Fast Jacket for two years, and recently purchased an M2, and never had problems with these glasses.

I have emailed Oakley Warranty again. I hope that I received a bad batch and it simply requires a minor fix.

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9451.JPG

IMG_9452.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing up an old thread - I have had issues with the hinges on my Oakley Tincan Ferrari Edition.

On the first Tincan, having worn it for about a year, the left stem does not swing out with ease. As it swings out, there seems to be some kind of a friction on the left hinge. I sent it to Oakley and they replaced it under warranty.

On my second Tincan, having worn it for about two weeks, the left hinge makes a "click" noise each time the stem swings out (although with ease). The right hinge does not make any clicking noise, but the stem does not swing out (same problem with the first Tincan that I had).

I use these glasses casually. I have daily used a Fast Jacket for two years, and recently purchased an M2, and never had problems with these glasses.

I have emailed Oakley Warranty again. I hope that I received a bad batch and it simply requires a minor fix.

View attachment 203242

View attachment 203243

View attachment 203244
Let us know what they do on that second one. Strange that is happening again

Back