• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flex Coupler problems..

The best way I can tell if its lined up is if the pin goes in just from me pushing it with my thumbnail. I only use the pin pusher for the last bit to get the lock ring in place.

X squared the area in the nose that holds the flex coupler seems to be slightly shallower than juliet and such. Ive noticed it makes it alot easier to trim just a little off the part that sits furthest into the frame. the thick part of the flex coupler that joins the 2 halves. Take about the thickness of a credit card off that side and should make it alot easier.

X squared the area in the nose that holds the flex coupler seems to be slightly shallower than juliet and such. Ive noticed it makes it alot easier to trim just a little off the part that sits furthest into the frame. the thick part of the flex coupler that joins the 2 halves. Take about the thickness of a credit card off that side and should make it alot easier.

Will give that a try . . . was wondering if the flex coupler was buggered somehow. . . thanks much

As others said: Rule of thumb for X-Squared, trim about halfway through the "F" marking w/ sharp scissors or Xacto knife. Use Purell Gel for lube. I've had some frames that required no trimming at all. There's up to 1-1.5mm difference between frames from cast to cast over the years.

I'm working on a "How To" page to help people out, will start including postcards w/ shipments soon w/ link to how to install.

Back