• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flex couplers

Nice, been looking for one under 50. Or I might can make one from stuff I have around, but that would be a safe bet

Got everything to cerakote already.
And I'm looking at an i3 3d printer, and now that I've thought of this, I might could print a flex coupler for making a mold, easier than the rubber. And because I've always wanted one, the possibilities are endless
So many things to do.. lol
I have an i3 among my 3D printers. I really like it. You'd have to print with supports but it's doable. You'll need to have that thing really dialed in to get the tolerances. I print washers for the Minute Machine and if it's the slightest bit off, they'll just be a mess.

Oh and for the pin pusher, you'll see the pin is pointed, you'll need to address that but you seem like a tinkerer so it won't be an issue. It'll ruin the first couple of sets of pins though if you use it as is.

I have an i3 among my 3D printers. I really like it. You'd have to print with supports but it's doable. You'll need to have that thing really dialed in to get the tolerances. I print washers for the Minute Machine and if it's the slightest bit off, they'll just be a mess.

Nobody like messy washers....

water-damage-caused-by-washing-machine-overflow.jpg

Oh and for the pin pusher, you'll see the pin is pointed, you'll need to address that but you seem like a tinkerer so it won't be an issue. It'll ruin the first couple of sets of pins though if you use it as is.
I noticed that it probably would just from pictures. I was thinking I could chop it off some and use a drill bit to sort of make a slight cup to fit the pin nicer

I'm sure I wouldn't be printing cool stuff the first year I had it, but it's only 175, short a power supply
It's that or another I saw for 400, forgot the name, that could print 12x12x12, no heated bed though

The pin definitely needs to be flattened but cupped would be ideal for reassembly. Two pins for the job would be best.

What i3 is $175? I just got my third printer, an Anet A8 for $165. Do get a heated bed, I've never used one without but I've heard stories and I've never had any major issues I couldn't fix.

The pin definitely needs to be flattened but cupped would be ideal for reassembly. Two pins for the job would be best.

What i3 is $175? I just got my third printer, an Anet A8 for $165. Do get a heated bed, I've never used one without but I've heard stories and I've never had any major issues I couldn't fix.
It's on Craigslist, it says prusa i3, e3 v6 upgraded
The $400 one being a makerfarm pegusas
And it does have a heated bed my mistake

Back