• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Headin' off to NYC possibly... which should I take?

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
My work was originally going to fly me down to Virginia Beach, but with the craziness going on about the lack of gas (and rental cars becoming unavailable because people are renting them up for gas), it seems they're going back to the NYC option which also desperately needs some work done and would likely end up being subway instead of a rental once there.

Going to be there for a week if they approve the travel, which begs the question... which one of my three Oakley do I bring?
  • Holbrook XL Woodgrain w/ Prizm Trail (but also have loose Prizm Shallow Water Polarized)
  • Flak 2.0 XL w/ Prizm Deep Water Polarized
  • Wire Tap 2.0 w/ Prizm Daily Polarized
Alternatively if I were to just hit up the vault tomorrow and buy a lens for either the Holbrook XL or Flak XL, which should I consider?

With the way my work goes, it's done almost exclusively during open business hours, so my commute between stores is in the daytime, and course don't work weekends (I'll be there from Friday to Friday), so some exploration time in my first two days there before cracking down.

What have you all liked for the urban jungle?

Woodgrain Holbrooks with Tungsten or Prizm Daily (if you can hunt one down!)
And if I can't, you thinking SWP then? (as opposed to my pink/blue shiny Trail lens in lower light? :p), but I guess the benefit to the Holbrook is I can just pop the lens as needed in my downtime.

Edit, I don't think they make Daily in Holbrook XL size. My local vault does have Prizm Ruby (non-polarized) and Tungsten (polarized) in stock (both bronze base).

My work was originally going to fly me down to Virginia Beach, but with the craziness going on about the lack of gas (and rental cars becoming unavailable because people are renting them up for gas), it seems they're going back to the NYC option which also desperately needs some work done and would likely end up being subway instead of a rental once there.

Going to be there for a week if they approve the travel, which begs the question... which one of my three Oakley do I bring?
  • Holbrook XL Woodgrain w/ Prizm Trail (but also have loose Prizm Shallow Water Polarized)
  • Flak 2.0 XL w/ Prizm Deep Water Polarized
  • Wire Tap 2.0 w/ Prizm Daily Polarized
Alternatively if I were to just hit up the vault tomorrow and buy a lens for either the Holbrook XL or Flak XL, which should I consider?

With the way my work goes, it's done almost exclusively during open business hours, so my commute between stores is in the daytime, and course don't work weekends (I'll be there from Friday to Friday), so some exploration time in my first two days there before cracking down.

What have you all liked for the urban jungle?
Take them all.

Latest Posts

Back