• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help with prescription sunglasses lenses

I see what you mean. The bevel slopes back on the new ones. I do believe that is how they are done now. Looks great to me honestly. Good luck adjusting to them. Your only recourse would probably be returning them. :(
Sorry to say that's how they again make them look thinner now. I'm surprised you are having that issue. Give it a week, you shouldn't be focused on the periphery, your brain will tune it out soon.

Thanks for all the input. I am going to try them out for a while and see if my eyes adjust. They do look better with the beveled cut that's for sure. You all in this forum have been great- I really appreciate it.

It is a very heard pill for me to swallow- thinking that I am paying this much money for lenses that have optical issues. It's especially difficult since I can't find a way to get a message to anyone at the Oakley company who can do any thing about it. Seems like such a simple thing to fix.

Does anyone know how you get a message sent up the chain at Oakley to let them know about an feature issue with their lenses. I have had these remade a second time and both lenses did the same things. Blur in the side peripheral and dancing/moving light from things reflecting off along the bottom and outside of the lenses as I drive down the road. If I was Oakley I would want to know this was happening and correct it.

If I find it just too distracting and my eyes don't adjust - do you have any recommendations on other replacement lenses I could get from someone else?

Since you are already dealing with SportRx, you could ask them about their in-house Rx lenses for Oakley frames.

Back