• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the update bros...

Careful, someone will start a whip-round.

I'm not saying I'm tempted to steal or rip anyone off. I'm just saying he might not have felt too great of an attachment to the forum, felt ebay met his needs, and the allure of pocketing $380 and theoretically only needing to walk away from the forum might have been very appealing. Then he went and (allegedly) ripped off a cop.

The best laid schemes of mice and men...

Malv1 said:
The only problem with the last part of your post is the fact that he tried to sell them again... To Hearno, AGAIN... I was with you until I heard this part from Hearno and he was met by LAPD... Just saying that the seller no longer has a leg to stand on in this case... A scammer is a scammer regardless of what his previous rep was, he blew that out of the water with this one...

Very true - he shot himself in the foot with that one.
And yes, a scammer is a scammer. And as previously stated, will scam regardless of post limits, rep limits an previous rep.

All it takes is the allure of a few hundred dollars.

I'll admit if someone paid me close to $400 and all I had to do was stay off this forum I'd probably take them up on it.
Thats what happened to me once upon a time The odd thing we had been trading/dealing for over a year and the last time...no$...I stupidly had grown in trust after so many deals ...then I see the del conf then...my stuff's on ebay and my emails are unanswered...It sure is a way to learn a lesson...people on this forum since I joined that I have sold to have been awesome though. There's more good than bad out there..I just wasnt going to deal with postal authorities police etc 3000 miles away...but i DID learn...Rustpot I don't think u really would despite the allure...u seem like a stand up guy but maybe the mutual love of Matte Black blinded me :)

Thats what happened to me once upon a time The odd thing we had been trading/dealing for over a year and the last time...no$...I stupidly had grown in trust after so many deals ...then I see the del conf then...my stuff's on ebay and my emails are unanswered...It sure is a way to learn a lesson...people on this forum since I joined that I have sold to have been awesome though. There's more good than bad out there..I just wasnt going to deal with postal authorities police etc 3000 miles away...but i DID learn...Rustpot I don't think u really would despite the allure...u seem like a stand up guy but maybe the mutual love of Matte Black blinded me :)

I'm not saying I'd steal the money, I'm saying in some fantasy world if I was given $400 with the stipulation of avoiding a forum I'd be in for that. The fact that he (possibly) stole the money with the intent of splitting is despicable, but I doubt in his mind he saw it as little more than enough cash to make it worth severing ties to the forum.

I'm so happy that you are making progress with this. There is nothing worse than that sick feeling of loss you get when you know you have been scammed.

I heard back from the seller a few hours ago. He shipped a pair of pit bosses to me and sent me a picture of the tracking/receipt. I told him I will happily send the money back to him if they arrive as described. He apologized but maintains a friend screwed him on the shipping deal. Whatever, I'm really just looking to buy some sunglasses. If it all works out, I will let y'all know.
Hearno, Stand by for PM

Back