• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Houston/Austin Area Meet N Greet - September 27th In Luling, Texas

I will not be able to make it. It's really difficult for me to get away from the kids and family for now.

In the future I can swing a meet up in the Houston area though.

Just a thought here but would you guys be open to meeting in La Grange? That is as pretty much halfway between Houston and Austin.

I googled and La Grange has a BBQ place called Back Porch BBQ. I've never been but it's got decent reviews.

Just wanted to see if everyone was open to a more halfway venue

David

Just a thought here but would you guys be open to meeting in La Grange? That is as pretty much halfway between Houston and Austin.

I googled and La Grange has a BBQ place called Back Porch BBQ. I've never been but it's got decent reviews.

Just wanted to see if everyone was open to a more halfway venue

David
you can do la Grange but you can't do Luling !?!? HAHA !!!

c'mon man, Luling is only another 40 minute drive from La Grange....

If I'm driving far for BBQ, I ain't stopping in La Grange lol.....

If you all want great BBQ, Smitty's in Lockhart is off the hook. La Grange, Luling, Lockhart all work for me. I'm in. Nail it down and give me a time. Woo hoo!

Smitty's vs. Black's in Lockhart... I think I saw a TV show once about their rivalry; BBQ is serious business around here...

Smitty's vs. Black's in Lockhart... I think I saw a TV show once about their rivalry; BBQ is serious business around here...

I actually wouldn't mind Salt Lick but I just don't think I can get away for the day to that far.

Miss Salt Lick's all you can eat BBQ from my UT days

Smitty's is serious old school. You walk in the door and the pit is right there. The walls are black from the years of smoke. You feel like you have gone back to the fifties. The smoke rings (sausage) are incredible. The brisket is second to Franklin's in Austin, but just barely. I do think the dinning area would be ideal for a meet, but I am always up to try New BBQ anytime. I have had Black and Kruetz's in Lochart. Both are good. I live in Bastrop and they are building a Southside market ( from Elgin) . But the BBQ I have had here is mediocre.

Back