• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Did I Do For $75?

clean it with WD-40. it would protect the case from rust.

I echo that. It's relatively dry here in North Texas, so rust hardly comes back on once I've cleaned it. But depending on where you're at, some WD-40 preventive might be very wise.

Opened this thread thinking what could this be... pic loaded up and i was like what the F!! that for $75 dude i dont know much about cases but i know you got a deal and a half right there!!

Congrats on your first case!

As far as the metal there may be a good amount of rust. Many collectors don't mind that because that thing is iron and blued so it will rust immediately and most likely had rust on them when they were in the stores. I have one as well that I cleaned up with stuff I purchased from home depot. I can't really remember but it was a pink gel and it shined it up great, but it was a lot of work. As far as plastic, I took the case apart and took the plastic down to a plastic company and they cut me all new panels. It was not cheap, probably like $100-$150 but it was well worth it. I would use some sort of cover or contact paper in the drawers, as the rust will get on boxes. I hope it came with the metal tabs that hold the shelves as I needed a few extra. I could not find them at the local hardware store,but I found another collector with a drawer full of them. Hope this helps.

I have a few extra tabs to hold the shelves in actually! But for now I'll just polish it up by hand the best I can and replace plastic later on down the road... Does this case have a name associated with it like the "spine" or "aluminum" towers? It's got the square O icon, was it for any certain display purposes or just a unique case style? Just trying to get as much background as I can since it's not a style I was familiar with before it fell into my hands...

Mine had a different logo and other collectors have referred to it at the stretchline case but the case was the same. Maybe the steel or iron case. Heavy sucker.

It has the stretch Oakley on the back so again that makes sense... I have a big stretch poster and snowboarding posters from the same release that match the case too! I'll try to get some pics up by tonight. I hope it's the only case I'll ever need, so heavy just means my collection ain't running off! But it will fill quickly until I can get some vertical stands...

these are known as stretchline eyewear display that came out with the stretchline logo to begin with. i think there wouldnt be many with the square-O logo on this tower bcos it was around the time of the introduction of square-O when this type of case was beginning to be phased out from stores and replaced by the black ones. these were seen more in surf shops, snow stores, and other independant specialty sports stores. i never remember having seen this type of case in an official O-Store.

Back