• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Finito... How limited are they? Owners List

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
I am looking to purchase one Finito but I'm curious if the frame is actually black color like those Ducati edition or dark brown color similar to Juliet Brown? Any owner please clarify this for me?
It's the old carbon black not the newer glossy black. It's the better finish of the carbons.

And the boxes stack. :)
1586900129962.png

It's the old carbon black not the newer glossy black. It's the better finish of the carbons.

Yep. I believe the newer Carbon finish is sometimes referred to as "Polished Carbon" I definitely like the older Carbon finish. I've have a matching set of Finitos for about 10 years. As to serial numbers,,, I've never actually seen a Finito serial over #1250 & I heard (hearsay) some years ago that they never made more than 2,000,,, if that many. Also from my understanding there's no such a thing as an "Un-serial numbered" pair of Finitos. All genuine Finitos have a serial number. "If" there were "Generations" of Finitos,,, it is probable that there was only 2 & all Fintos were made before the end of the "serial era"! ,,, Again, no more than 2,000! I can not prove any of this but I too looked into the subject some years back & collectively that's what we came up with! This much I do know! Some Oakley X-Metals were made with the express purpose of being "Shelf Whores" The Finito is right at the top of that list!

Yep. I believe the newer Carbon finish is sometimes referred to as "Polished Carbon" I definitely like the older Carbon finish. I've have a matching set of Finitos for about 10 years. As to serial numbers,,, I've never actually seen a Finito serial over #1250 & I heard (hearsay) some years ago that they never made more than 2,000,,, if that many. Also from my understanding there's no such a thing as an "Un-serial numbered" pair of Finitos. All genuine Finitos have a serial number. "If" there were "Generations" of Finitos,,, it is probable that there was only 2 & all Fintos were made before the end of the "serial era"! ,,, Again, no more than 2,000! I can not prove any of this but I too looked into the subject some years back & collectively that's what we came up with! This much I do know! Some Oakley X-Metals were made with the express purpose of being "Shelf Whores" The Finito is right at the top of that list!
We can agree to disagree on some of this I hope. Finito to me is not a shelf whore and the lens is a great lens for overcast days. Polished carbon is the finish of the finish of the Ichiros and a XS colorway while carbon is simply carbon. Fun story, I discussed the Finito SE with Jim at RED and we ended the conversation with "Still undefeated". :)
We do agree that the old carbon is a better finish and that they are all etched with a serial (unless a sample is floating around that would likely say that on the arm. I wish that they had polished icons on the arms like the box shows...
Best!

We can agree to disagree on some of this I hope. Finito to me is not a shelf whore and the lens is a great lens for overcast days. Polished carbon is the finish of the finish of the Ichiros and a XS colorway while carbon is simply carbon. Fun story, I discussed the Finito SE with Jim at RED and we ended the conversation with "Still undefeated". :)
We do agree that the old carbon is a better finish and that they are all etched with a serial (unless a sample is floating around that would likely say that on the arm. I wish that they had polished icons on the arms like the box shows...
Best!

Mine are one of my favorite pairs & although I agree that the lens are great I'm babying these things. Also have to agree that there could be a couple prototypes/samples with no serial but I wouldn't buy one. Thanks for the feedback.

Mine are one of my favorite pairs & although I agree that the lens are great I'm babying these things. Also have to agree that there could be a couple prototypes/samples with no serial but I wouldn't buy one. Thanks for the feedback.

Another interesting one is that my Finito pair has the serial on the stem but the barcode on the box has the SKU but no serial. I still consider them “matching” though

Another interesting one is that my Finito pair has the serial on the stem but the barcode on the box has the SKU but no serial. I still consider them “matching” though
Possibly a warranty replacement at some point?

Back