• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet lens peeling around orbital

s_ton

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
San Francisco
I'm sadden to see my new (to me) Juliets peeing around the edges of the lens. I just received them in perfect condition a few days ago and wore them only once. This is my first pair x-metals - so I'm learning... is this something that should be expected with the product line? It seems to me that having a rigid metal frame that flexes around the lens can expedite wear and tear.

Anyways, looks like I'm going to have to buy new lenses, but if anyone can share tips and tricks to prevent this would be be really appreciated.

IMG_6421.jpeg
IMG_6422.jpeg

I'm sadden to see my new (to me) Juliets peeing around the edges of the lens. I just received them in perfect condition a few days ago and wore them only once. This is my first pair x-metals - so I'm learning... is this something that should be expected with the product line? It seems to me that having a rigid metal frame that flexes around the lens can expedite wear and tear.

Anyways, looks like I'm going to have to buy new lenses, but if anyone can share tips and tricks to prevent this would be be really appreciated.

View attachment 979126View attachment 979127
Loosen up the the orbital screws a bit to reduce the pressure to the lens circumference.

Loosen up the the orbital screws a bit to reduce the pressure to the lens circumference.
Thanks @TheStig. I'm going to buy some aftermarket lenses and give that a try. I doubt that Oakley provides any torque spec/tolerances for these sorta things. 🤞Wish me luck...

Leave it in the car or any other hot place?
They were kept inside and worn only once for 3-4 hours - but I did buy them second hand and they were shipped across the country. They were in good condition when I received them though, so who knows...

Thanks @TheStig. I'm going to buy some aftermarket lenses and give that a try. I doubt that Oakley provides any torque spec/tolerances for these sorta things. 🤞Wish me luck...

They were kept inside and worn only once for 3-4 hours - but I did buy them second hand and they were shipped across the country. They were in good condition when I received them though, so who knows...
Don’t go after market. But some custom cut on the forum hete. Much better

I had a pair randomly delaminated. It sounds like it was just poor timing or maybe timing and sweat did it.