• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

I will wait on these. For some reason I feel they will have the same fate as the Jury.

Sucks about the Jury not holding any resale value, but I love both of mine and haven't had any problems with either.

I think the JFL has a much better chance at holding its value for a few reasons. First, the hinge problem seems to be a moot point with these due to the titanium design. Second, they have the 3 most "manly" materials on one frame: milled aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium. And lastly, if they really are only run in limited numbers they will be more desirable. Hopefully for all of these reasons they do not meet the fate of the Jury.

Now as far as myself, I really don't care much about the resale value as I have more interest in wearing my collection than reselling it. I do know there is a whole group out there that displays without wearing and they'll always be the ones wondering how values will turn out.

Saw both the silver and the black on display at SH. They actually tried to sell me a pair. Guy wouldn't let me out of the store hardly. They look neat in my humble opinion, however they do not fit me well. I look goofy as hell. What got me was the sticker. $280 is a little steep I thought. I don't mind paying the money for an Xmetal, it just feels like it worth it. But these just seemed way too expensive for what they are. But what do I know, I am not a fan of the series anyhow. Just some thoughts.

Saw both the silver and the black on display at SH. They actually tried to sell me a pair. Guy wouldn't let me out of the store hardly. They look neat in my humble opinion, however they do not fit me well. I look goofy as hell. What got me was the sticker. $280 is a little steep I thought. I don't mind paying the money for an Xmetal, it just feels like it worth it. But these just seemed way too expensive for what they are. But what do I know, I am not a fan of the series anyhow. Just some thoughts.

price does seem steep considering you can get 2 pairs of Jupiter Squareds for the price of the Jupiter Factory Lites

price does seem steep considering you can get 2 pairs of Jupiter Squareds for the price of the Jupiter Factory Lites

I was actually surprised they were not more. I know you cant really compare it to a C Six because that is a world of its own but a polrized jupiter squared costs 180 already. The 100 dollar premium for a aluminum/CF pair with polarized lenses and expected to be limited in quanitity did not seem bad at all in my opinion.

Has anybody seen the brown colorway yet? So far it seems the only colorways released have been the matte black and the silver.

Congrats on yours Nathan! Too bad your SGH didn't give you a special price. Maybe it's just a local deal.

I think the price is actually great. Considering how expensive Carbon Fiber is. Granted they used a lot less than they did on the C-Six. But the Jupiter Squared is just Omatter. You really can't compare Omatter and Carbon Fiber price wise, it would be an unbelievable difference.

Has anybody seen the brown colorway yet? So far it seems the only colorways released have been the matte black and the silver.

Congrats on yours Nathan! Too bad your SGH didn't give you a special price. Maybe it's just a local deal.

Thanks! I did not see the brown either. I was wishing they had it because I love brown glasses. I probably would have bought that pair too.

The only color ways that SGH will be getting are matte black, silver, and dark blue. I've received two out of three so far and more than likely will get the blue this week the day of the release. Brown is not listed in any materials for SGH....yet.

No photos in stores that allow for a better detailed look other than a thumbnail that is about .5"x1" and all you can tell is that it's a dark frame. I'll throw one up once I receive them if someone else doesn't get to it.