• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

Now the real question...are JS lenses compatible?

So I just took my frame apart to see if JS lenses would fit...Negative Ghost Rider. The JS lens is actually a few millimeters larger all around and will not allow the frame to actually sit anywhere close to being closed again. However on another note from taking apart my Factory Lite, the orbital screw is like drilling for oil! It's overall length is greater than a penny's length, so there should be no worries about the lens or screw coming out!

I was actually surprised they were not more. I know you cant really compare it to a C Six because that is a world of its own but a polrized jupiter squared costs 180 already. The 100 dollar premium for a aluminum/CF pair with polarized lenses and expected to be limited in quanitity did not seem bad at all in my opinion.

the polarized lenses are cool. kinda wish they had a regular HDO lens model out too though for a cheaper alternative.

I think the price is actually great. Considering how expensive Carbon Fiber is. Granted they used a lot less than they did on the C-Six. But the Jupiter Squared is just Omatter. You really can't compare Omatter and Carbon Fiber price wise, it would be an unbelievable difference.

nice thing about these Jupiter FL frames is they will last forever. all you have to do is replace the lenses if they get scratched up.

Am i the only one that absolutely hates these....theyre just ugly and like most of the recent releases have no true innovation. Another jupiter frame whoa.

Am i the only one that absolutely hates these....theyre just ugly and like most of the recent releases have no true innovation. Another jupiter frame whoa.

No these look like crap to me.

I heard they are Making 4,500 of the Brushed Aluminum frames and even less of the Dark Blue frames those are the rarest one being made out of the bunch.

I don't "absolutely hate them". I would use the word "indifferent".
Or in other words . . . . "meh".

Maybe it's the clumsy hinge.

:laugh: