• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Opinions wanted on a Romeo 1 Refinish

OrokrMan

Oakley Expert
USA
Hello Folks ,
Just wanted to see what the general consensus is on refinishing a x metal finish on a few pairs of Romeo !'s

I have a few Pairs, that have several scrapes and scuffs, one pair is a early 4 digit serial 16xx
the other is a later over 4 digit serial, NEITHER With Box.

from a Value point of view considering Everything is ultimately Worth what the next person is willing to pay for it .
Whats your opinion of a professional like X Man refinishing both of these sets?

Would that terribly depreciate value?

As for the 4 digit I think if you have them refinished in the same x-metal finish, it shouldn’t hurt the price, there a lot of customs done on here with Romeos, so it doesn’t really hurt the value

I would leave the four digit pair untouched as these are referred to as 'Jordans' and will command a higher price. Not an official release like the MJ Leather Mars they are referred to as Jordans because he was often seen wearing them and can be id'd by the red earsocks. There are other features such as square section stems which further differentiate them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Now that's what i was thinking I wanted a guy that has experience in doing the finish, and Ive waited a bit for X Man to Hone his skills

Also, the four digit pairs are slightly lighter in colour so I would leave as is...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My x-metal is so close most people won't know the difference other than they look too new...lol
Yea I won't refinish jordans,id inform the customer what they have and send em back.

Last edited:
No refinish will ever be worth more than the original finish in good of better condition - and those refinished pairs will generally be worth much less regardless of the refinish. Once in a while you may find a well done plating (copper, gold?) Or an anodized frame that turned out special, but even those values will be challenged to rise to those of the original finish pairs.

20180420_042854.jpg
what about these,I guarantee they will be worth more after I refinish them than they are now.

Back