• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

Hi could you help me to explain with a video or schema how to change these temple shocks. I couldn't remove it with toothpick or any regular tool and I'm afraid to tear it apart if i force too much. This is a Romeo 2 model
Thank you
20220324_124224.jpg

Hi could you help me to explain with a video or schema how to change these temple shocks. I couldn't remove it with toothpick or any regular tool and I'm afraid to tear it apart if i force too much. This is a Romeo 2 model
Thank you
View attachment 949346
Fold the arm a bit and push them from the inside out. Can't do anything wrong as long as you don't use a sharp or pointy object like a toothpick. Use a blunt tool like a T6 you prob. already have to work on X Metal.

Last edited:
Fold the arm a bit and push them from the inside out. Can't do anything wrong as long as you don't use a sharp or pointy object like a toothpick. Use a blunt tool like a T6 you prob. already have to work on X Metal.
pointy object like a Toothpick.
ok i will try with a t6. thank you

Aloha from Hawaii,

I've been using Oakley's since the early 1990's - really the only brand of sunglasses that I will use.

I have three pairs of Oakley's in need of repair, and am hoping someone can stir me in the right directions.

1) Square Wire OO4075-12. The arms on this pair are too loose and cannot be tightened. I'm thinking the metal has worn down too much. The problem with the loose arms is that the arms fold in and touch the lenses and have created scuff marks on the lenses.

2) Wiretap OO4071-03, in gunmetal. The left arm completely broke off. It looks like the inner spring at the hinge broke.

3) Wiretap OO4071-05, in flat black. Same problem as #2 above.

The Wiretaps have always been my favorite pairs until they broke. I replaced them with the Square Wire which has served me well, but I'm bummed that the arms can't be tightened. I just recently bought I new pair of Wiretap 2.0, so will see how that works out.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mahalo.

Aloha from Hawaii,

I've been using Oakley's since the early 1990's - really the only brand of sunglasses that I will use.

I have three pairs of Oakley's in need of repair, and am hoping someone can stir me in the right directions.

1) Square Wire OO4075-12. The arms on this pair are too loose and cannot be tightened. I'm thinking the metal has worn down too much. The problem with the loose arms is that the arms fold in and touch the lenses and have created scuff marks on the lenses.

2) Wiretap OO4071-03, in gunmetal. The left arm completely broke off. It looks like the inner spring at the hinge broke.

The Wiretaps have always been my favorite pairs until they broke. I replaced them with the Square Wire which has served me well, but I'm bummed that the arms can't be tightened. I just recently bought I new pair of Wiretap 2.0, so will see how that works out.

Mahalo.
i can't speak directly from linegear but i heard they suspend international shipping within covid situation.so it may be not possible to send it to them for repair. pictures will be helpful to see damages of your sunglasses

Aloha from Hawaii,

Mahalo.
I do not think these kind of spring hinges can be repaired.

i can't speak directly from linegear but i heard they suspend international shipping within covid situation.so it may be not possible to send it to them for repair. pictures will be helpful to see damages of your sunglasses
As requested
1) Square Wire OO4075 - arms touching lenses when folded. IMHO I think this is a design flaw. One of the only models where the arms do not extend past the lens.
2-3) Wiretap OO4017 Gunmetal - left are broke off. Also. Design flaw as these arms are not spring loaded.
4-5) Wiretap OO4071 Flat black. Same as the Gunmetal.

80B276A2-E139-4932-B17E-EC52BE5CFD32.jpeg

03F66569-7962-4712-A1B5-E6E65CF4E67C.jpeg

DAC2D930-6C58-4BAC-A68A-6F04856A601B.jpeg

0A984283-3404-4F39-AC7E-0F52CD69CEAC.jpeg

647025CB-42E0-466B-839F-6B6619230580.jpeg

Back