• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘List of Rarest Non-Frogskin Oakleys

No, Scott said Jim just pulled the first few hundred of each model off the line stating with the Mumbos to give to employees, marketing, friends of Oakley and for archiving purposes. Nothing was said about the serial number allocating between those groups. Nothing was also said about giving more gifts after they did the first wave either which may be possible. Nothing was really set in stone back then.
I guess back then, they probably had no idea how much of a following Oakley would eventually have, so stuff like that happened organically!!

Wow. You’ve obviously got a ton of knowledge. What area do you have special interest in, or do you collect info generally about Oakley?!!

Anything I contribute to this website is based on the information I have at the time. Nothing is set in stone. As my sig has stated for quite some time. "Everything you know already be wrong"

Edit... btw, if you are purchasing things based on a value you make up in reference to information not published on the OEM official website, that is the buyers mistake. Even the OEMs dont always have all the facts.

Anything I contribute to this website is based on the information I have at the time. Nothing is set in stone.
Even the OEMs don't always have all the facts.
This!!

Yes, if there's new information, we can all be corrected. A lot of this stuff is not "officially" released info anyhow.

Here is the only pair I know of signed by Don Pendleton... fuel cell lol...

30E81940-FC86-4B1E-A5D4-7F1A9DA3C842.jpeg

EAE1A941-2DA2-4AA2-A5DE-AF237967FAEB.jpeg

updated

Matte Black Monster Dog (-red lenses) - 2 pairs made (prototypes) (@GRFMotorsports)
Monster Dog Gary Scelzi (given to the racing team) 10 pairs (@GRFMotorsports)

This information must have some from the archives. I dont know the release numbers on the Scelzi pairs but I do know they were available at the rolling O store at the races. I know they were also given to crew members as well. I think the last numbers I heard from a fairly reputable source was maybe, and I stress maybe, a few hundred were produced but I doubt there are many floating around now. He only remembers handling aprox 100. I have only seen 3-4 of them and I own 2.

As for the -red lenses, I believe it to be extremely low numbers but could easily be more than 2.

I am surprised that no concept studio pairs were listed here. Those are actually 1/1 pieces.