• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Double Tap Watch

See, proper watches:

tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_ch_80_chronograph_41mm_cba2110.ba0723_packshot.jpg

tag_heuer_carrera_calibre_ch_80_chronograph_41mm_cba2111.fc6347_packshot.jpg

I'd have bought those. But they dropped the movement before launch, following a leadership change. So I stick to vintage. Shame.

Can you tell us what a "real watch" is? And dont say a Tag.

One from a brand that actually has some heritage or a background in watch making. These watches you can restore and literally bring back to life after decades and they'll still be worth something, Oakley watches a few years after they've stopped making them are literally next to impossible to even get spare parts for...

I have one watch in perfectly good condition that's useless because the rubber strap broke and there is nowhere I can get a new one, the problem is they make such unique pieces but when there's no after sales support if something happens there is nothing you can do about it. It really sucks considering the prices of the watches, they're not just disposable at a couple hundred bucks a pop. When you're charging upwards of $2000 for a watch how can you not support it for more than a handful of years??

I definitely love the styling on some time pieces but would never buy one at full retail, good thing Oakley provides me with a hefty discount, even then I'd get nothing more than in the $600-1000 range

June 19 release date for Double Tap. Not sure if they will be in stock in stores on release date, but would like to get one in my hands to see how heavy the stainless is. Hoping not any where close to my gmt.

Held one today at FHR and it looked great in person. Felt solid, but not crazy heavy. Size is between Bottlecap and Gearbox and it's now on my list!