• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

oakley bridge repair (tool advice)

lancillotto

Oakley Beginner
right tools to replace the bridge (also handcrafted) I discarded the linegear or similar tool because I can't align myself well and I do damage... advice on where to find the punches, awls and support base, thanks

right tools to replace the bridge (also handcrafted) I discarded the linegear or similar tool because I can't align myself well and I do damage... advice on where to find the punches, awls and support base, thanks
IDK. I have one, and I thought the Linegear one does just enough for me. I only use the tool to extract pins. Never to insert. I use a small nail set with tape on the end for that. And I hit it with a heavy head hand tool. My linesman pliers that I've used for work the last 25 years+.

IMG_9648.jpeg

Last edited:
In the DIY/Modding section, I have a thread where I touch upon how I work those bridge pins. Other guys that have worked on their glasses have posted how they did their work as well. Just gotta search for the info. Ask questions like you did. :cool-33:🤙

In the DIY/Modding section, I have a thread where I touch upon how I work those bridge pins. Other guys that have worked on their glasses have posted how they did their work as well. Just gotta search for the info. Ask questions like you did. :cool-33:🤙
As @Lopaka KaMars has alluded to, It's paramount to align everything prior to putting pressure on. The LG tool is perfectly adequate in my experience. The Pin needs to push through without any device pressure to leave only about 1mm before the final push through with the LG device. There are 2 Tools, 1 to remove & 1 to insert, See LG website. Any more distance pushing on the pin with the device risks damaging through the tool slipping off the pin, This tends to distort the Pin head as well as marking the inside of the Bridge. To achieve the alignment I personally use a small round file to ensure the Orbital, Bridge and Coupler all line up. There are various Aftermarket Pin Manufacturers & they will all be a slightly different measurement to a certain tolerance.

Back